Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

New Juco Recruit

DooleyBull06

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Awesome player. 

Would be a day 1 starter. 

Holy smokes, he's got some raw power to him. Looks like the style of Jayvon a bit, but this guy looks like he has a bit more dog and aggression in him. I am curious to see where we land with him, considering we have 2 more scholarships for next year. 

Quenton just looks like the type of guy who could gel in our playstyle.

He's a machine. I think he'd be the next Harris on this team. 

I'd anticipate a lineup like:

Devonta Jordan 

Jayvon Graves

Quenton Jackson (Antwain Johnson if Jackson doesn't commit)

Jeenathan Williams

Andre Allen (tearing up the JuCo ranks)

The team would be looking for spots for Segu, Grant, Fagan, Rojas, Johnson, Cadwell, Bertram

Johnson will start. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about him. When Hodgson was interviewed last week he more or less said Johnson was the Massinburg replacement and Cadwell was the Harris replacement. I think the stretch 4 position will be a tough battle between Jackson and Cadwell.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:18 PM, BasketBull said:

Johnson will start. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about him. When Hodgson was interviewed last week he more or less said Johnson was the Massinburg replacement and Cadwell was the Harris replacement. I think the stretch 4 position will be a tough battle between Jackson and Cadwell.

Hope these JUCO players are as good as advertised. It looks like Williams has a long  way to go and is not showing any improvement in his shooting ability. Segu looks like he is progressing better. Only hope Williams does not turn out like Reese did. Reese came in highly touted and never improved at all. Go Bulls!!!!

15 minutes ago, John said:

Hope these JUCO players are as good as advertised. It looks like Williams has a long  way to go and is not showing any improvement in his shooting ability. Segu looks like he is progressing better. Only hope Williams does not turn out like Reese did. Reese came in highly touted and never improved at all. Go Bulls!!!!

Williams and Reese aren't even on the same level as hype. Reese came in as an athletic guard who had a bunch of neat highlights on Twitter and YouTube, but obviously fell behind a deep squad of guards, which btw, he's  tearing it up in JC now.

Williams has already shown some good flashes and is definitely miles ahead of Reese at this point in 8 games, some guys just take more time to transition to college, that doesn't mean he won't be good. 

For people to worry about a freshman not playing as expected through the first 8 games of his college career is absurd. He is going to develop and he is going to be a good player. Same thing here applies to Segu.

1 hour ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Williams and Reese aren't even on the same level as hype. Reese came in as an athletic guard who had a bunch of neat highlights on Twitter and YouTube, but obviously fell behind a deep squad of guards, which btw, he's  tearing it up in JC now.

Williams has already shown some good flashes and is definitely miles ahead of Reese at this point in 8 games, some guys just take more time to transition to college, that doesn't mean he won't be good. 

For people to worry about a freshman not playing as expected through the first 8 games of his college career is absurd. He is going to develop and he is going to be a good player. Same thing here applies to Segu.

Not trying to put a big downer on his potential. Hope that he lives up to his hype. Following basketball for many years I have seen many players that were highly touted that never made it at the next level. On the other side is players that come in that are not on anyone’s radar by the experts who think they know everything that turn into good D1 players. Again I have not lost faith in any player and believe this coaching staff can succeed in developing these players. Looking forward to Sat’s game and another win. Go Bulls!!!!

Reese was buried on the depth chart and Graves was clearly ahead of him.  You could see it when they played.  Reese made the right call for himself.

Williams is about 1/3 of the way through his Freshman year and is not getting meaningful minutes because he is on the 17th ranked team in the country.  Give him time, please.  I think he is among the most highly touted recruit that UB has ever had.  

I expect UB to blow out a lot of teams this year and Williams should get minutes.  Let's see where he is in late February.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 2:03 PM, UB92 said:

Q. Jackson has such a quick release.  It stands out when watching his film.  And, of course, he has great athleticism.  He would, seemingly, fit right into Oats' style.

Being nationally ranked helps..😀

The last I seen was he committed to Florida Gulf Coast. Does anyone have more recent information?? Go Bulls!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't find where he posted it anymore but earlier Hodgson posted that he was going to Florida to watch some future Bulls. Cadwell is in Florida but Hodgson posted on Instagram that he's near East Florida State.. East Florida State played College of Central Florida today. Maybe a Quenton Jackson commit coming soon?

1 hour ago, trueblue32 said:

Can't find where he posted it anymore but earlier Hodgson posted that he was going to Florida to watch some future Bulls. Cadwell is in Florida but Hodgson posted on Instagram that he's near East Florida State.. East Florida State played College of Central Florida today. Maybe a Quenton Jackson commit coming soon?

One could only hope its for Stacey Jackson. He would be an amazing addition at this point and would be a major part of our 2019-2020 rotation.