Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#17 UB in Olean, NY - (12/08 - 4:00pm ET)

Jeseph

52 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

I’m hoping we beat them soundly and shut them up about which team is the best in Western NY. Can’t even remember last time they were even ranked. Go Bulls!

The answer to that would be 1/19/1971.  They've been unranked for more than twice as long as we've been a D1 program.

And more. BuffaloBonnie is just like Bonaballa who on page 2 of link absolutely guarantees a Bona win. You can see the smugness of many Bona fans. Many have zero respect for UB while some do. Some believe Stockard will be the best player on the floor. Some think little of Perkins. I found one post laughable where one dude said it is widely known the UB is the second dirtiest program next to Rick Stansbury. What a fool. Nate Oats is among the most honorable coaches in all of college hoops. Plus wasn’t it Bona admitting a player with a welding certificate. Mostly you can see a whole lot more intensity in their fan base as they’ve been posting about the game since mid November. Good reading. Enjoy. http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thread/16306/12-8?page=1

Edited by UB85

4 minutes ago, UB85 said:

And more. BuffaloBonnie is just like Bonaballa who on page 2 of link absolutely guarantees a Bona win. You can see the smugness of many Bona fans. Many have zero respect for UB while some do. Some believe Stockard will be the best player on the floor. Some think little of Perkins. I found one post laughable where one dude said it is widely known the UB is the second dirtiest program next to Rick Stansbury. What a fool. Nate Oats is among the most honorable coaches in all of college hoops. Plus wasn’t it Bona admitting a player with a welding certificate. Mostly you can see a whole lot more intensity in their fan base as they’ve been posting about the game since mid November. Good reading. Enjoy. http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thread/16306/12-8?page=1

Yeah I saw that too about us being a dirty program and laughed. Such bs. They need to make something up to make themselves feel better that we are able to recruit better players. Hope we run them out of their gym. 

2 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Yeah I saw that too about us being a dirty program and laughed. Such bs. They need to make something up to make themselves feel better that we are able to recruit better players. Hope we run them out of their gym. 

I didn't hate Bona until I read the crap their snot nosed fans throw. Come on guys, you are 4-5 with loses to teams in the bottom of the league and we're returning basically the same team that beat Arizona and West Virginia... I hate to break it to you, but you're hyping up your team too much.

It would be really easy for me to look at this match up and say it's going to be a slaughter, but I'm not going to take any game for granted.

I bet your anything if they lose, or god forbid lose by a wide margin, they'll be on the wagon of, " well if course they beat us, they're a top 25 team."

Jeez... Reading that forum really fired me up. Even their fan board is called bonabandwagon...

Edited by ubmae86

9 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

Ho, lee, crap they are full of themselves.

http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com/thread/16306/12-8?page=4

Some of it is just being a Bona fanatic. We have some similar fanatics here too. Of course there is a lot of pure haughtiness, which I always detest. My motto has always been conduct yourself with class, fight like hell to win, always give 100% no matter the circumstance and win with humility and if you lose do so with dignity and grace. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buffalobonnie said:

I’m sorry if I have offended.  I just started following college basketball about four years ago.   The rest of the  Bona fans they are crazy.  I will try to enlighten  about having a big game like this. 

It should be a good game. I am really excited to see us tested by Stockard. It will be tough playing the 6th man in the RC. I know a lot of UB fans are coming down for it. 

That being said, any tips about the RC and some cool concessions or anything? I have never been but heard good things.

1 hour ago, BullsFan14 said:

It should be a good game. I am really excited to see us tested by Stockard. It will be tough playing the 6th man in the RC. I know a lot of UB fans are coming down for it. 

That being said, any tips about the RC and some cool concessions or anything? I have never been but heard good things.

Bring cash

2 hours ago, BullsFan14 said:

Last time I was there a mom of a Bona student recommended we leave out the back door so we don’t get stabbed, so there’s that 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Last time I was there a mom of a Bona student recommended we leave out the back door so we don’t get stabbed, so there’s that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Its funny. I am going with my girlfriend and I had to warn her about going there. I have been in hostile environments before but had heard very negative things about extreme Bonaventure fans at the RC. I hope it isn't the case and there are no issues. I am expecting a little more hate than usual (with us being ranked)

44 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

I’ve been to the RC several times. The best thing about the RC is that it brings you back in time when college hoops was played in field houses and not huge arenas. It has an old time charm to it. The fans are into it. The students are rabid. Some are way out of line, frothing at the mouth types. But it is a difficult place to play and is a great advantage to Bona. Nothing special about their concessions. I’ve never felt unsafe there. But every time I’ve gone it has been through courtesy tickets I’ve gotten through coaches from visiting teams so I’ve been behind the team bench and not among the Bona faithful. It is a great place to watch a game. Have fun. And most importantly bring home a win. Go Bulls!

Edited by UB85
  • Like 1

Yea, just to be clear - there was no actual threat of being stabbed - just a warning from a concerned parent lol.

All in all it's a tough place to play with an old-school, in your face atmosphere as UB85 said.

They've had our number for years, can't pretend they haven't - but it's time to change that!

GO BULLS