Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#17 UB in Olean, NY - (12/08 - 4:00pm ET)

Jeseph

Then there’s this,    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401085724 “The Bulls ... were unfazed by a rowdy, sold out and profanity-chanting  crowd....” I cannot imagine that’s how Bona, its administration and fans want to be known. The rowdy and sold out is what makes college basketball special. The profanity-chanting should be left in the gutter where it belongs. And that goes for every sporting event anywhere. 

Edited by UB85

9 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Then there’s this,    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401085724 “The Bulls ... were unfazed by a rowdy, sold out and profanity-chanting  crowd....” I cannot imagine that’s how Bona, its administration and fans want to be known. The rowdy and sold out is what makes college basketball special. The profanity-chanting should be left in the gutter where it belongs. And that goes for every sporting event anywhere. 

For Context, that was John Wawrow's story in the AP. Here's the tweet.

11 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Reminds me of the infamous Fuck Ohio game back in 05/06.

• Haha 1

Those ESPN+ announcers Ben Wagner and crew were brutal. The brought the house down on a goaltend and claimed SBU didn't get a call, but the fouls were terribly lopsided in the 2nd half and they made a brutal traveling call on CJ after he was pushed. . 

Hey guys. Kudos to UB. You guys are really good. No doubt we didn't play great, but you guys had something to do with that. We will be a much better team by March with Griffin(starting forward) & Melki coming back. We will be a team that can beat anyone by then. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. Hope you can stay in the top 20 and keep climbing. It's your time!

No reason to troll them. While many were plenty haughty those same fans now have to remove their shoes from their mouth. There are plenty of great Bona fans. A couple posted on the board. I know many more. Just let the game speak for itself. 

Edited by UB85

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Worst game I've ever seen from Perkins. Wow. 

Perkins was bad. 1-10, multiple turnovers, and really didn't help. no doubt SBU has some defensive forwards, but the second the swallowed the whistle in the 2nd half, Perkins struggled

5 minutes ago, bonaking said:

Hey guys. Kudos to UB. You guys are really good. No doubt we didn't play great, but you guys had something to do with that. We will be a much better team by March with Griffin(starting forward) & Melki coming back. We will be a team that can beat anyone by then. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. Hope you can stay in the top 20 and keep climbing. It's your time!

Good luck to Bona! The better the teams in WNY the better it is for each team. Thanks for being classy. Enjoy the holidays and have a great 2019!

28 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Good luck to Bona! The better the teams in WNY the better it is for each team. Thanks for being classy. Enjoy the holidays and have a great 2019!

Thanks, hope Bona gets their injured players back and has success in the A-10. Go Bulls!!!!

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Those ESPN+ announcers Ben Wagner and crew were brutal. The brought the house down on a goaltend and claimed SBU didn't get a call, but the fouls were terribly lopsided in the 2nd half and they made a brutal traveling call on CJ after he was pushed. . 

I loved the “dagger” three pointer to get them within 15...

• Haha 2

Despite the shit I talk re:Bona it’s good for everybody in WNY if they are good and we are good. Buffalo can be a huge college basketball town, especially with the alumni that stay local.

Best of luck to the Bonnies the rest of the season.

With this win, we moved up to 32nd in kenpom, which is especially impressive considering part of the ranking at this point in the season still consists of their "preseason ranking", which had us in the 70's. Even more fun, is that we are ranked ahead of every team in the PAC 12 on kenpom.

13 minutes ago, cheese_66 said:

With this win, we moved up to 32nd in kenpom, which is especially impressive considering part of the ranking at this point in the season still consists of their "preseason ranking", which had us in the 70's. Even more fun, is that we are ranked ahead of every team in the PAC 12 on kenpom.

The conference of champions

56 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Yeah...I love the fact he did this.  I think he was amazed by the profanity and couldn't help but to twist the knife a bit.  Lots of likes for that tweet tonight!

A lot of cry baby Bonnie fans crying that it's "classless". When the tweet specifically addressed the "we want UB", "fuck UB" and "UB sucks" shenanigans. 

A lot of fans are so dense, so jealous, and so full of themselves. It's really sad. They can't bear to see UB has any success. 

14 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

A lot of cry baby Bonnie fans crying that it's "classless". When the tweet specifically addressed the "we want UB", "fuck UB" and "UB sucks" shenanigans. 

A lot of fans are so dense, so jealous, and so full of themselves. It's really sad. They can't bear to see UB has any success. 

It’s important to note that this is a vocal minority of Bonnies fans. I hope that when we have somebody go off at an opponent or their fans that we wouldn’t be judged as an entire fan base for their actions.

Bonnies fan here. I come in peace. Props on the win. To get a road win like that, you have to bring it defensively. Your guys certainly did that. Bona had to fight and claw for every basket. 

I’d really like to discuss the current state of basketball in the area. As somebody who loves the game, it annoys me to see the lack of publicity the sport gets. If it isn’t March, nobody pays attention. I hope you guys can keep opening eyes.

20 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Bonnies and their fans are scum. Like i think they have some classy people who supported the team in the 70s. This isn't the 70s, it's 2018/2019. 

I've so far had Bonnies fans attack my wife, personal appearance, and job. 

I don't think I've ever hated a place more than Olean, NY. It's a scumhole. I, unfortunately, have to go every year to camp at ASP. 

2 minutes ago, Byron Mulkey said:

Bonnies fan here. I come in peace. Props on the win. To get a road win like that, you have to bring it defensively. Your guys certainly did that. Bona had to fight and claw for every basket. 

I’d really like to discuss the current state of basketball in the area. As somebody who loves the game, it annoys me to see the lack of publicity the sport gets. If it isn’t March, nobody pays attention. I hope you guys can keep opening eyes.

lol, why are you using the name of one of our Ex-PGs? 

13 minutes ago, Byron Mulkey said:

That’s what I don’t get about a handful of Bonnie fans on the bandwagon board. We should all realize that the higher profile a team or teams are the better it is for college basketball in WNY. That dude bonaballa is a complete train wreck. He’s pissing all over Buffalo which means he’s pissing all over a ton of Bona alums here in the Buffalo area. While I don’t know for sure I’d guess the highest percentage of Bona alums live in the Buffalo area. It sure seems so anyway as I know 30-40 of them. And then there’s the dude who insists UB is cheating. They say ignorance is bliss so he must be extraordinarily blissful. As far as the game Bona just doesn’t have, yet anyway, someone who can control the game when it’s on the verge of getting away from them. They sure could have used an Adams or Mobley today. But Bona also struggled with UB’s maturity. They start three seniors and two juniors while bringing in two seniors as the first two subs. Given UB’s experience and how’ve they have been tested over their careers it probably isn’t surprising that we won by double digits even though I thought it would be an extremely close game. Bona with Stockard back are heading in the right direction. With Schmidt at the helm they’ll only get better as the year progresses and the young guys get more experience. Good luck going forward. 

Edited by UB85

13 minutes ago, UB85 said:

That’s what I don’t get about a handful of Bonnie fans on the bandwagon board. We should all realize that the higher profile a team or teams are the better it is for college basketball in WNY. That dude bonaballa is a complete train wreck. He’s pissing all over Buffalo which means he’s pissing all over a ton of Bona alums here in the Buffalo area. While I don’t know for sure I’d guess the highest percentage of Bona alums live in the Buffalo area. It sure seems so anyway as I know 30-40 of them. And then there’s the dude who insists UB is cheating. They say ignorance is bliss so he must be extraordinarily blissful. As far as the game Bona just doesn’t have, yet anyway, someone who can control the game when it’s on the verge of getting away from them. They sure could have used an Adams or Mobley today. But Bona also struggled with UB’s maturity. They start three seniors and two juniors while bringing in two seniors as the first two subs. Given UB’s experience and how’ve they have been tested over their careers it probably isn’t surprising that we won by double digits even though I thought it would be an extremely close game. Bona with Stockard back are heading in the right direction. With Schmidt at the helm they’ll only get better as the year progresses and the young guys get more experience. Good luck going forward. 

I do not understand how any college administration and student association would want the type of behavior from their student section at a game. If they are they should be truly ashamed of themselves. If this is what the supposed support of a team is coming to I don’t want to follow college sports or support a team. Hope that never happens at UB. Go Bulls!!!!