Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dutchcountry7

UB's Peers

Who do you think are UB's peers?

Would have to be a reasonable match of football program and academics.

Is UB just kind of an oddball?  What programs would be considered like UB?

UB's stated academic peers are Rutgers, Iowa, and UC Irvine. So The State University of New Jersey should be it. Maybe one day.

Miami is our closest in the MAC, but they have their rivalry with Bobcats and Bearcats. Stony Brook would be it if they were FBS or MAC. If we got into the ACC with UMass, UConn, and Temple, UConn would cry but we'd have some untra fun divisional rivalries.

Just now, promotherobot said:

As a conference I think we fit in the American quite well.

I know that is likely the conference people want to be in.

But I am more curious as to what schools around the country--no matter conferences--people think are a good measure of peers.  It could be five or six schools from five or six different conferences.  I am just curious what schools people see as being similar in athletics and/or athletics.

2 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

I know that is likely the conference people want to be in.

But I am more curious as to what schools around the country--no matter conferences--people think are a good measure of peers.  It could be five or six schools from five or six different conferences.  I am just curious what schools people see as being similar in athletics and/or athletics.

It's hard for me to answer. Like you said, we are sort of an oddball. We have the academic stature of a major state university with a flimsy athletic tradition.

• Like 1

From an academic standpoint, we look a lot like B1G.  Large, flagship school that have very strong engineering programs.  OSU, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, etc.

But we are light years behind in athletics.  But that doesn't mean we have to stay that way.  

Right now, I would say we look like UMass.  We look like no other MAC school in my opinion.