Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

SIU @ #14 UB - (12/15 - 2:00pm ET)

Kevin

12 minutes ago, ubmae86 said:

Who was the highest?

11 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

Just off the top of my head Kent st ended at 12 after their elite 8 run.

Kent State's final AP ranking after the tournament was #12. 

As far as I can see, Buffalo at #14 is the highest ranked MAC team during the season, prior to the tournament. 

20 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Are students still on campus this Saturday?  I know finals are this week.  I hope AA is rocking.  This team hasn't had many home games and this is the toughest so far.  May even be the toughest home game of the season.  Must defend our home court.

Most will be home.

1 hour ago, MillenniumBull said:

If highest mid season for some reason is more important to you, Bowling Green made it up to #7 during the 62’ season. They finished #8.  They stated at #8 in the preseason poll that year as well.

To add on top of this, Ohio was ranked #5 in the country for two weeks during the 1969-70 season and were ranked nine out of 15 weeks total.

Seems like a trap game but I trust Oats to have the team mentally prepared. I wonder how CJ's knee is doing. He looked in bad shape at the Bonaventure game. 

Last game against SIU

- 35.5% shooting

- 28.6% 3 point range

Season average

- 47.5% shooting

- 34.7% from 3 point range

If we shoot close to our average, they won't be able to catch up to us due to their slow play.

3 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

Just off the top of my head Kent st ended at 12 after their elite 8 run.

Not a lot of people remember this season because it was before all the fun started but UB was the last team to beat that Kent team! I think they went (totally being lazy here and not googling it) like 31-5 with UB being their last loss before the Elite 8 run. I was in High school at the time and remember repeating that fact to everyone during the NCAA tournament run.

I still remember listening to that game on the radio. Antonio Gates was playing for Kent in that game. I vaguely remember Brown hitting a crucial shot late.

3 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

If highest mid season for some reason is more important to you, Bowling Green made it up to #7 during the 62’ season. They finished #8.  They stated at #8 in the preseason poll that year as well.

That team had two future NBA players on the  team.  One was Howie "Butch" Komives, whose biggest claim to fame was being traded by the Knicks to the Pistons for Dave DeBusschere., that led to the great championship Knick teams of the  early 70s.  The other was future Hall of Famer Nate Thurmond, who played the early part of his career in the shadow of Russell and Chamberlain and the end in the shadow of Abdul-Jabbar.  Thurmond was a great center.

2 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

If the students aren't going to be there - do people still want to meet up in the end zone and make some noise?  Return of the alumni?  I'm trying not to be the organizer (because I am in most things) but it was my idea, so I stand by it.

My SO and I will be in attendance in the end zone. I’ll be waving a sign commemorating CJ’s “good day”

15 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

We need to sell out Alumni. Get that place rocking. No let down. Keep it rolling. 

If we can get 4,400 for LeMoyne we should be able to sell out for SIU. Only hope there will be more media coverage by radio,tv, and UB can put more pressure on the Buffalo News to run some articles during the week. Go Bulls!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John said:

If we can get 4,400 for LeMoyne we should be able to sell out for SIU. Only hope there will be more media coverage by radio,tv, and UB can put more pressure on the Buffalo News to run some articles during the week. Go Bulls!!!!!

This game will sellout. It would be an embarrassment for the program if it didn’t. 

8 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Get Ch.2 to show the game on local TV.

I understand how important it is to get people out to the game, but increasing regional interest by showing the game on TV...that's good.  Unless our region is really interested in Utah State vs North Texas in the New Mexico Bowl...

Yes...get the game on TV.  If it means 500 less people show up for the game in person, but 50,000 watch it (I am making up numbers here), that's good!

2 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I understand how important it is to get people out to the game, but increasing regional interest by showing the game on TV...that's good.  Unless our region is really interested in Utah State vs North Texas in the New Mexico Bowl...

Yes...get the game on TV.  If it means 500 less people show up for the game in person, but 50,000 watch it (I am making up numbers here), that's good!

First channel 2 would have to dump out of Premier League coverage.  Not sure the network would be happy with them doing that.  Channel 4 will have CBS college basketball coverage on.  Channel 7 will have bowl games on.  Local channels have very little options to be able to show a local sporting event over their obligations to show network programming.  YOu need a perfect storm to be able to have a game on local TV like the football game this year.  It does not appear that lightning is going to strike twice this year.

The other big thing that could work attendance (which putting ht e game on local TV will hurt walk up ticket buying) is the date.  It is the last Saturday before Christmas and it is huge shopping day.

• Jeseph pinned this topic
2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

The other big thing that could work attendance (which putting ht e game on local TV will hurt walk up ticket buying) is the date.  It is the last Saturday before Christmas and it is huge shopping day.

We have to stop making excuses.  Now is the time for sell outs.  If Alumni can't get sold out with UB being ranked and playing a tough opponent then what are we even doing here?  Might as well pack up and go home.  Seriously, Alumni isn't big.  This game is a sell out. 

10 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

We have to stop making excuses.  Now is the time for sell outs.  If Alumni can't get sold out with UB being ranked and playing a tough opponent then what are we even doing here?  Might as well pack up and go home.  Seriously, Alumni isn't big.  This game is a sell out. 

Rome wasn't built in one day. Relax.