Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

ESPN3 vs ESPN+ and other TV games

admin

I just noticed this yesterday on the ESPN app yesterday trying to watch the US Open, but it looks like ESPN has a new channel called ESPN+ where you have to subscribe for $5/month.  Has this always been the case and I just didn't notice?

Looks like we have 2 games on ESPN+, EMU and Toledo.  They are spaced out over 30 days so we would have to pay $5.  I think ESPN gives you a 30 day free trial.

There are 4 games that don't have TV listings.  These are Rutgers, Army, Central Mich and Akron.  Wonder how we will watch those games.

They changed it up approximately 6 months ago if I recall. I'm not real happy with paying for my full sports tier through my cable provider and still missing out on content. Considering just cancelling cable and going a la carte on services I want at this point since I got it mostly for sports anyways.  

The four games that do not have TV listings is because of TV.  The Saturday football games for the most part are on 12 day windows, except for the first three weeks of the year.  Those are announced earlier.  That means 12 days before a game (two Mondays) both a time and television outlet are announced.  Rutgers will have the kickoff and television availability announced the Monday after the Temple game.  The following Monday we will find out about the Army game.

As for ESPN+ it is $4.99 a month with a one week free preview.  You could possibly get multiple free previews by using different names, email address and credit cards and cancelling before you have to pay.  I have access to six emails between personal, work and others that I control.  You could use a spouse's email and credit card and their emails as well.  I have no idea how many devices could be logged into one account simultaneously.

15 hours ago, admin said:

They are spaced out over 30 days so we would have to pay $5.  I think ESPN gives you a 30 day free trial.

35 days apart. How convenient for ESPN with their 30 day free trial.

Is anyone willing to do the research to determine which Streaming service (hulu tv, sling tv, DirectTV Now, etc...) carries the most UB games this season? 

Yeah, I'm not paying $5 a month for what was free in the past (Although I just saw that they merged ESPN+ with ESPN Insider, so your $5 a month subscription also includes the insider articles on their website and ESPN The Magazine).  I tend to be hit and miss with catching games on Saturdays anyways due to yard work, and family events & activities. I'll probably catch what I can on ESPN 3 or other networks and stream the radio broadcasts on the tuneIn app when I can't watch it.

9 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

The four games that do not have TV listings is because of TV.  The Saturday football games for the most part are on 12 day windows, except for the first three weeks of the year.  Those are announced earlier.  That means 12 days before a game (two Mondays) both a time and television outlet are announced.  Rutgers will have the kickoff and television availability announced the Monday after the Temple game.  The following Monday we will find out about the Army game.

As for ESPN+ it is $4.99 a month with a one week free preview.  You could possibly get multiple free previews by using different names, email address and credit cards and cancelling before you have to pay.  I have access to six emails between personal, work and others that I control.  You could use a spouse's email and credit card and their emails as well.  I have no idea how many devices could be logged into one account simultaneously.

Brooklyn, you are high roller man.  Haha, what are you doing putting in 6 different emails.

• Haha 1

I subscribe to ESPN insider. The magazine immediately goes in the recycling bin. I rarely log in, but like to check scores of college football and basketball games. If I had to pay another $5 a month to watch games that I couldn’t get otherwise, I would probably do it. Sounds like I won’t have to though.