Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#14 UB @ Unranked Syracuse - (12/18 - 8:00pm ET)

Jeseph

I honestly thought that the betting public, who are smarter than the rest, would move the line closer to pick-em or even with the Bulls a slight favorite.  However, so far the line is about Syracuse -3.5 to -4.

Here is the thing about this game -- I see this as a UB blowout.   83 - 66.   At some point, it is 20 point UB lead.

Foot on gas for the entire 40 minutes.  You miss a shot?  Who cares...take it again.  Run, run, run.   Run them right out of the gym. 

Syracuse is a team ready to hit rock bottom.  Sure...they staved that off with a win over Georgetown and they had a good game vs. OSU on the road.  They still have talent, certainly.  But something is not there for them.  You can't lose to ODU.  You also can't say "we have to play harder" or whatever tripe the players said after the latest loss.    Often times people (i.e. the outside public and, perhaps, the team themselves) think that they will turn it on now...and then play great.  Yes...that happens sometimes.  But sometimes it is just a rung on the ladder going down...and then there is an even worse loss that follows a bad loss.

Unless Syracuse tries to really, really slow the game down.  Take all the time on a possession (weave, weave, weave, shoot the 3 with under 5 to go on the shot clock).  Then they are reacting to us and not playing their own game.  That's a win from the start.  We get the long rebound and then run...and score in three seconds.  In that scenario, we will still win, but likely not by 20.  Still a win, though! (and take the under).

Arizona was great because it was done on a national stage and got everyone's attention (and still does).   This one...will hit closer to home...about 150 miles east.

Go Bulls!

• Like 2

https://13wham.com/sports/local-sports/former-section-v-stars-feel-at-home-with-14-buffalo

Found this to be pretty interesting. Focuses on Dontay and Jeenathan, but previews Cuse a little bit.

https://www.nunesmagician.com/2018/12/18/18145531/bullish-on-ub-nate-oats-sustained-buffalo-basketball-success-bobby-hurley-syracuse-basketball

Just found this on the Syracuse blog page. 

Edited by SGBull
Added the second link.

8 hours ago, SGBull said:

https://13wham.com/sports/local-sports/former-section-v-stars-feel-at-home-with-14-buffalo

Found this to be pretty interesting. Focuses on Dontay and Jeenathan, but previews Cuse a little bit.

This is excellent. Rochester is a Cuse town through and through. It’s great to get positive pr there. Of course with Dontay it is much deserved. And hopefully will be in time with Williams too. 

34 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Disagree. Plus I think we’ll win. We’re tenacious. 

I agree that we don't look like a top flight team - we're playing like low seeded teams in the dance, chucking up shots from outside, hoping to hot a hot streak to win, not making plays happen. 

Edited by ed

25 minutes ago, ed said:

I agree that we don't look like a top flight team - we're playing like low seeded teams in the dance, chucking up shots from outside, hoping to hot a hot streak to win, not making plays happen. 

Difference is that a lot of those shots are good ones that are not dropping. Segu’s was wide open and just air balled. Same for a few others. Defense is what will win this. Perkins doing a good job. Gotta get something out of Graves. 

Edited by UB85
  • Thanks 1