Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#14 UB @ Unranked Syracuse - (12/18 - 8:00pm ET)

Jeseph

1 minute ago, BrazenBull said:

I think CJ was caught up in the moment, waving to someone in the stands, and realized that he'd unintentionally been dismissive of Boeheim. 

Oh yeah, I completely agree.  I was thinking of it more as one of historically the best coaches in college basketball recognizing a great player (that kicked his team's ass).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

One thing Oats has praised them both on is I guess they are both huge gym rats and are always in the gym. Williams and Segu are both so raw but have a ton of athletic ability that the sky is the limit for them. I have a feeling over time, they could be real special players. 

I think we can give both Segu and Williams some time. They do seem to have the right work ethic. We seen them both after the SIU game shooting. Some players take a little longer to get acclimated to D1 play. Go Bulls!!!!

26 minutes ago, John said:

I think we can give both Segu and Williams some time. They do seem to have the right work ethic. We seen them both after the SIU game shooting. Some players take a little longer to get acclimated to D1 play. Go Bulls!!!!

They have an unbelievable work ethic. Both were practing shooting at alumni at 3am after the team got back

• Like 1

Really love the effort. They’re a little raw still but that’s what being a freshman is like. Saw segu airball that 3 last night and just thought “rookie nerves”. I’m loving the talent though and as time goes on I have high hopes for both. Also segus energy on the bench is amazing 

5 hours ago, weareub46 said:

Really love the effort. They’re a little raw still but that’s what being a freshman is like. Saw segu airball that 3 last night and just thought “rookie nerves”. I’m loving the talent though and as time goes on I have high hopes for both. Also segus energy on the bench is amazing 

Also on replay, both got the quick hook, but both were cheering and being active on the bench instead of going the woe is me approach.  

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, pottier25 said:

Is anyone else surprised/disappointed in Williams? He looks mostly lost and last night (for the minute or so he played) super unathletic. I know he's a freshman but I thought he might contribute a little more even this year.

I think both he and Segu are just trying to find their way.  They get a few minutes a game and they want to contribute which has them going a mile a minute.  The moment may have been to big for them but when conference play comes around I think they will settle in.  Remember Graves a year ago.  Barely contributed early but come March he was solid coming off the bench.  Fast forward to this season and he has been a starter and blossoming contributor.  Thats the progression we want from Segu and Williams.  Then come their Junior and Senior seasons they are the stars and leaders of the team.  I think we as fans are falling into the hype that they came in with.  Hopefully they stay encouraged and realize the long game, even if it means struggles and lack of playing time now.  Still big things ahead for them.  Their issues are easily correctable.  I credit Oats for still finding a few minutes for them and not completely banishing them to the bench.

Just image the depth come February and March if Segu and/or Williams become solid contributors.

Edited by DooleyBull06

• 4 years later...
3 minutes ago, rma said:

Not worth it’s own topic. Bring back memories of the good ol days too

https://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/2023/03/radio-station-fires-brent-axe-for-negative-syracuse-sports-talk.html

Boeheim probably complained. Don't want to tell the truth on live air. 🤣 I guess he doesn't know what a homer radio personality was supposed to do.