Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo #10 In NET Rankings

13 hours ago, weareub46 said:

Can someone explain to me how the regions work in the tournament. Is geography any part of the decision process or what? Never knew that 

Yes geography plays a role with the POD system.  They theoretically try not to send teams across the country but lets all remember last year where we went to Boise.  Ultimately it always benefits higher seeds.  Hence why Duke always plays in the south or east region that begins North Carolina and ends in the Georgia or New York, somewhere geographically close.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, admin said:

I'm skeptical about this ranking and the use of it.

NCAA always uses these metrics selectively when they need to.  Once MAC season hits, we might drop down even if we win.  Let's see.

I agree with you.  However that was theoretically what the NET is supposed to prevent.  While winning during conference play might not be enough there are other things we can do to keep our NET high.  Such as our efficiency on both ends of the floor and margin of victory.  While we don't have to blow out everyone by 50 we have to beat MAC teams by 10 and be more efficient doing so.  That with winning should keep our number in a good spot.  I think our peak NET ranking will either be right now or if we beat Marquette.

Bottom line is lets not leave it in the hands of the committee, lets win the MAC tourney.  That coupled with how we have looked so far should get us a top 10 seed (or higher) come the big dance.

All these metrics are designed not to be fair to all but to help power conferences. They use whatever means to justify a .500 conference record for a large school. Whatever fits.....be it road wins, quad wins, rpi and even quality losses. I cant stand the b.s. they spew on selection Sunday.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, admin said:

I'm skeptical about this ranking and the use of it.

NCAA always uses these metrics selectively when they need to.  Once MAC season hits, we might drop down even if we win.  Let's see.

We’ll definitely drop down in net once conference play starts, no might about it. 

• Sad 1