Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Surprised there's no Bowl chat.

promotherobot

Here we are 3 days out and there's like nothing. I know, basketball is the THE story right now, but still.

Here's my take. This team has nothing to lose by playing aggressive.  UAB demolished NIU by playing our game, big throws, fast offense. Except they never let up. We have weapons. Make full use of them. Play like you're dictating the game. There is no game after this. Go out with a win.

I’m still really pumped. Getting out first win in a bowl game ever would be huge for the program. Obviously the MACC was upsetting but it’s time to cap off a historic season the right way. 

Anyone have any clue what jersey combo we will be using? I’m hoping either white helmet with blue logo or blue with silver logo and would love blue jerseys 

There was a lot more buzz about the MAC Championship, then disappointment over losing to NIU.

I read some of the posts on the Troy board.  They know about as much about UB Football as we know about them.  So basically nothing.   Their fans assume UB will bring about 500 people to Mobile,  mainly the players friends and family.

I’m really curious about this too. 

For some reason, there seems to be more basketball fans. Wondering if it’s because we have a higher potential ceiling in basketball. Or if it’s because we all live watching basketball over football  

The way basketball is setup, we could potentially get a lot of national attention by going to let’s say the sweet sixteen. Even 1 win in the tourney gets you lots of media coverage. 

Not sure that going to these other bowls are getting us media coverage. Maybe the only way we get it is if we were somehow to go undefeated and got invited to one of the big payout bowls. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

I’m really curious about this too. 

For some reason, there seems to be more basketball fans. Wondering if it’s because we have a higher potential ceiling in basketball. Or if it’s because we all live watching basketball over football  

The way basketball is setup, we could potentially get a lot of national attention by going to let’s say the sweet sixteen. Even 1 win in the tourney gets you lots of media coverage. 

Not sure that going to these other bowls are getting us media coverage. Maybe the only way we get it is if we were somehow to go undefeated and got invited to one of the big payout bowls. 

IMO 11-2 (with a championship) would have done it

• Like 1

If MBB was 7 - 4 with losses to SBU, Syracuse, WVa and San Fran, there would be five different, active threads right now on football (e.g. bowl game, next year depth chart at WR, LL extension?, etc.)

But...we live in unprecedented times with MBB so everything else has played second fiddle (even the WBB vs Stanford).  It is what it is.

Even with lack of traffic, I will be watching the game on Saturday.  I want to see a lot of Tyree  to AJ and plenty of Patterson with YAC.

Go Bulls!

Watching Toledo - FIU while I work this afternoon is definitely getting me more in the mood. However, I do agree it's definitely the combination of the let down of the MAC Championship and the success of the basketball team making it less interesting. I think part of it is playing in Mobile Alabama against a team that doesn't draw up any sort of interest for the casual fan as well hurts. I think also, if the International Bowl was still around in Toronto there might be more interest as well. 

I can't speak for everyone, but, there comes a point in time where I get so burnt out from anything football. From watching high school games, NFL, and college, by the time December rolls around, that's basketball and hockey season for me. 

Don't get me wrong I'm still going to watch and be excited and holler. But, I'm semi-checked out of football. Some others could probably relate. Doesn't help the football team that UB basketball is #14 and red hot lol.

People just don’t care about the Dollar General Bowl. It is a generic football game you put on the TV so you don’t have to talk to relatives you see once a year at the holidays. 

Buffalo just doesnt have football fans. Well not UB fans. The Bills have fans. 

Its not that people are distracted by basketball. If anything basketball is bringing more people in to the forum. 

Edited by dutchcountry7