Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Tyree Jackson’s future

admin

7 minutes ago, verandaman said:

Tyree should become the poster boy for UB's "stay in school" campaign moving forward...

The good thing is that he still has a degree.  The number of underclassmen that leave early, don't get drafted, and don't have degrees is larger than it should be.

I dunno.  He was pretty hyped up this past season and his stock was high. He worked w some really good receivers.  The UB offense was going to be a bit thin/new at WR going into 2019.  He would’ve had to transfer somewhere else and learn a new offense, get comfortable, etc..  I can see why he declared early. It just didn’t work out in the draft.  He can still rise up if  he has NFL talent.

Its still crazy to me that the first CBS mock draft I saw this year had Anthony Johnson and Tyree Jackson in the 1st round. Now they might go undrafted.

I feel worst for AJ. There were times I thought he had 1st round big time WR talent. (still do) Maybe all the injuries stunted his development. Only thing I can think of.

Bills dont take either with their first 7th rounder. 

1 minute ago, verandaman said:

Only 11 more chances...then Arizona will pick Mr. I....don't think after Kyler, they will go to a QB...

Not sure whether guys get drafted or not...UDFA might be better.

I feel like this late in the draft UDFA youd rather be. Other than to just say you got drafted.

That's pretty bad. Shows how much respect UB gets. It's quite sad, when we all thought Tyree and AJ were locks to be drafted at worst maybe 5th round and hoping Khalil would get taken by the end. All 3 are good football players and it doesn't bode well for UB recruiting in the future when 3 stars do not get selected, after the team's best season in years.

Not sure I understand this move.  The Bulls picked their quarterback for the future last year.  All the money is good for an undrafted player I would have thought there would have been a better spot in the league to sign.

Also the experience of Drew Haddad and Naaman Roosevelt with the Bills would have led me elsewhere.  I think both were hurt by being seen as drafted and signed because they were hometown players.  Are tehy on hte tem because they should be on hte team or because you e=want to be nice to a local kid.

Either way good luck Tyree.

5 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Not sure I understand this move.  The Bulls picked their quarterback for the future last year.  All the money is good for an undrafted player I would have thought there would have been a better spot in the league to sign.

Also the experience of Drew Haddad and Naaman Roosevelt with the Bills would have led me elsewhere.  I think both were hurt by being seen as drafted and signed because they were hometown players.  Are tehy on hte tem because they should be on hte team or because you e=want to be nice to a local kid.

Tyree is a Josh Allen type quarterback. He’d make the perfect backup. I have no idea how that would be hurting his career.

• Like 1

I love that he's staying in Buffalo..I'd love if they grabbed aj as well.

Honestly Tyree just got as much ESPN coverage as he would have gotten if he were drafted. So many people in the media love Jackson. Really shocked he went undrafted.

ESPN also showed Johnson on the phone.

3 minutes ago, ChicagoBull said:

Seems like the "first" undrafted free agent to sign should have gotten more money.  Or is the salary set by the NFLPA contract?

75k guaranteed is pretty good considering he hasn’t made the team 

20 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Yes I’m sure Drew Haddad should have been on his mind when deciding where to sign hahaha