Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

K J Osborn

Dang I like Osborn.  I think he’s got a shot to be in the League.  This is all about guys positioning themselves as best they can to go Pro.  May be an ill-advised idea, may be a great idea. Ya never  know.  It’s a new age.  On another front, Look at all the players skipping their Bowl games.  We used to never see that.

This is like foreshadowing for our basketball team. Not to sound pessimistic but more realistic that it could happen and people start leaving. Unless we get out of this conference and actually play at a higher level, our players and coaches will never be satisfied. I only blame the administration if this program goes back to mediocrity in a few years. 

Never thought this rule would hurt us. Always thought the rule would benefit smaller colleges as graduates look for a chance to get playing time. 

Hope he stays. But if he doesn’t that might mean we grab a different graduate transfer from a P5 school. 

With the new redshirt rule allowing athletes to play in 4 games without costing a year of eligibility be prepared to see these grad transfers often. The pessimist will be woe is me, the optimist will be we have a chance to grab some talent. Just another aspect of recruiting for schools and programs.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Never thought this rule would hurt us. Always thought the rule would benefit smaller colleges as graduates look for a chance to get playing time. 

Hope he stays. But if he doesn’t that might mean we grab a different graduate transfer from a P5 school. 

Sadly, we haven't had the greatest of success with the grad transfers that we've gotten in football. We're due for a big hit, I hope!

• 2 years later...

Had to go back a long way to find this thread. KJ is crushing it with the Vikings right now. I know he finished his career in Miami but I still consider him a Bull, after all he spent 4 years here. I also don’t blame him for transferring as the QB situation was in limbo with Tyree leaving. He also turned out to be 100% correct, as we went extremely run heavy the following year. 

1 hour ago, UB05 said:

Had to go back a long way to find this thread. KJ is crushing it with the Vikings right now. I know he finished his career in Miami but I still consider him a Bull, after all he spent 4 years here. I also don’t blame him for transferring as the QB situation was in limbo with Tyree leaving. He also turned out to be 100% correct, as we went extremely run heavy the following year. 

Or were we run heavy because he left?

• Like 2

Just now, UB05 said:

I don’t think the coaching staff had much interest in airing it out with Myers as a freshman, regardless of whether Osborn came back. We had Patterson, Marks, and a strong OLine. 

I still think we can claim Osborn. We had him for his formative years. Maybe he got some polish at Miami and increased his chances of being drafted, but Buffalo had a lot to do with his success. Hopefully he will mention that at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, UBinMD said:

I still think we can claim Osborn. We had him for his formative years. Maybe he got some polish at Miami and increased his chances of being drafted, but Buffalo had a lot to do with his success. Hopefully he will mention that at some point.

He has a degree from UB, so that counts for sure.

• 3 weeks later...