Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BullsFan14

Miami (OH) @ #19 UB (1/12 - 12pm ET)

Recommended Posts

Not sure time of game was moved, as my season tix have noon listed as the start time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woops. I thought the game was at 2 p.m. and switched to Noon. Sorry about that. I think I might ahve confused it with Woman's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

Woops. I thought the game was at 2 p.m. and switched to Noon. Sorry about that. I think I might ahve confused it with Woman's

No problem! Of course it could be that CBSSN wanted to televise the game at noon before the season tix went out. Who knows. But another game on the tube only helps the program raise its visibility and profile. Go Bulls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at the poster schedule that was distributed before the season.  It did have the 1/12 game at 2 p.m.  It must have changed before printing up the tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announcement today expecting a large crowd at this game. 

Park in the Furnas lot next to the student union - you'll get out much faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rma said:

Announcement today expecting a large crowd at this game. 

Park in the Furnas lot next to the student union - you'll get out much faster

This makes me so happy. I’m 5.5 hours away from buffalo but I really think I need to make it up for a game this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Just looked at the poster schedule that was distributed before the season.  It did have the 1/12 game at 2 p.m.  It must have changed before printing up the tickets. 

Oooops, maybe I don’t see too well. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, weareub46 said:

This makes me so happy. I’m 5.5 hours away from buffalo but I really think I need to make it up for a game this year 

Maybe you just need to move back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, weareub46 said:

This makes me so happy. I’m 5.5 hours away from buffalo but I really think I need to make it up for a game this year 

Jeseph is 11 hours away and did two away games this year! haha. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, UB85 said:

No problem! Of course it could be that CBSSN wanted to televise the game at noon before the season tix went out. Who knows. But another game on the tube only helps the program raise its visibility and profile. Go Bulls!

I'm loving the newish cbs sports relationship with the Mac. And they are featuring UB any chance they can get for obvious reasons. It's almost like CBSSN is our own little private network this year lol.

The only thing I don't like is the gym I goto that has the TVs on the machines has literally every other sports station (all ESPN's, all FS, NBCSN ) except for CBSSN so I can't watch and workout lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to see how this will be for a match-up. I am having a hard time finding a spot where the Bulls might not be favored. 

Taking a look, Sibande (Guard) and Brown (Forward) are their two biggest scorers. I don't see them doing well against Jordan (hope he is healthy) and McRea/Perkins. 

They won't keep up with our transition offense. This might be a massacre. 

 

P.S. My thread was turned into the official Miami (Oh) thread. Momma, I made it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the biggest challenge in this game is gonna be the noon start time.  Its easy to be "sleepy" for games that start at the time.  Hopefully the team comes out with the same intensity as we did against Toledo and end this game before it really begins.  If we can avoid the let down (we did lose to them last year) we should win by double digits. 

We dodged a bullet with Jordan only dislocating a pinky, hopefully we remain healthy for the duration of the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we head towards Miami - I always like to take 2 minutes and remember perhaps the second greatest post game press conference in MAC history (with the first being the BGSU Dan Dackich wihtout socks gem).

 

https://youtu.be/UnilJdwyPRs

Edited by ubxcretired
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubxcretired said:

As we head towards Miami - I always like to take 2 minutes and remember perhaps the second greatest post game press conference in MAC history (with the first being the BGSU Dan Dackich wihtout socks gem).

 

https://youtu.be/UnilJdwyPRs

Yes, Charlie is definitely missed. The "No Goddamn socks" and "Buzz em again" game was better, but Charlie will forever be one of my fav coaches, always played to the crowd and had his team ready to keep the score at 50 points. RIP

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I feel like the biggest challenge in this game is gonna be the noon start time.  Its easy to be "sleepy" for games that start at the time.  Hopefully the team comes out with the same intensity as we did against Toledo and end this game before it really begins.  If we can avoid the let down (we did lose to them last year) we should win by double digits. 

I feel like a game at 9pm is worse than a game at noon and we did fine for EMU and I think the time for this team is irrelevant. They'll be ready to rock and roll. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're college students - not a bunch of old folks like us.  9 PM is when you start to think about going out.  Noon is an early morning start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubxcretired said:

They're college students - not a bunch of old folks like us.  9 PM is when you start to think about going out.  Noon is an early morning start.

Yep, 9pm pre-game, go out at 11, come home drunk as balls at 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing of the game is fine. We played over in Ireland and won, arguably, against the best team we faced in our OOC schedule (San Francisco). They can easily handle a noon game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ubxcretired said:

As we head towards Miami - I always like to take 2 minutes and remember perhaps the second greatest post game press conference in MAC history...

After that, I spend 2 more minutes remembering the Miami fans love affair with the Bortzian Army. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ubxcretired said:

As we head towards Miami - I always like to take 2 minutes and remember perhaps the second greatest post game press conference in MAC history (with the first being the BGSU Dan Dackich wihtout socks gem).

 

https://youtu.be/UnilJdwyPRs

Charlie was the best, he is so missed and Miami never seems the same without him.

But yes Dackich is still #1 lol. Oh the memories of that game, some which I can't even share here. But involve me leaving upset only to hear on the radio in my car that we were granted those FTs as to which I ran back into Alumni. Idbihi 28 and 20 that game if I remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

Charlie was the best, he is so missed and Miami never seems the same without him.

But yes Dackich is still #1 lol. Oh the memories of that game, some which I can't even share here. But involve me leaving upset only to hear on the radio in my car that we were granted those FTs as to which I ran back into Alumni. Idbihi 28 and 20 that game if I remember.

Thank goodness he nailed the 2 FT or else there would've been no story. DJ Carstensen and Ken Turner were 2 of the 3 refs. Classic game, definitely ranks in my top 5 all time at Alumni and will never fall outside of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×