Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Miami (OH) @ #19 UB (1/12 - 12pm ET)

55 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

Woops. I thought the game was at 2 p.m. and switched to Noon. Sorry about that. I think I might ahve confused it with Woman's

No problem! Of course it could be that CBSSN wanted to televise the game at noon before the season tix went out. Who knows. But another game on the tube only helps the program raise its visibility and profile. Go Bulls!

2 hours ago, rma said:

Announcement today expecting a large crowd at this game. 

Park in the Furnas lot next to the student union - you'll get out much faster

This makes me so happy. I’m 5.5 hours away from buffalo but I really think I need to make it up for a game this year 

16 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Just looked at the poster schedule that was distributed before the season.  It did have the 1/12 game at 2 p.m.  It must have changed before printing up the tickets. 

Oooops, maybe I don’t see too well. 🙂

• Jeseph pinned this topic
On 1/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, UB85 said:

No problem! Of course it could be that CBSSN wanted to televise the game at noon before the season tix went out. Who knows. But another game on the tube only helps the program raise its visibility and profile. Go Bulls!

I'm loving the newish cbs sports relationship with the Mac. And they are featuring UB any chance they can get for obvious reasons. It's almost like CBSSN is our own little private network this year lol.

The only thing I don't like is the gym I goto that has the TVs on the machines has literally every other sports station (all ESPN's, all FS, NBCSN ) except for CBSSN so I can't watch and workout lol

I am trying to see how this will be for a match-up. I am having a hard time finding a spot where the Bulls might not be favored. 

Taking a look, Sibande (Guard) and Brown (Forward) are their two biggest scorers. I don't see them doing well against Jordan (hope he is healthy) and McRea/Perkins. 

They won't keep up with our transition offense. This might be a massacre. 

P.S. My thread was turned into the official Miami (Oh) thread. Momma, I made it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I feel like the biggest challenge in this game is gonna be the noon start time.  Its easy to be "sleepy" for games that start at the time.  Hopefully the team comes out with the same intensity as we did against Toledo and end this game before it really begins.  If we can avoid the let down (we did lose to them last year) we should win by double digits. 

We dodged a bullet with Jordan only dislocating a pinky, hopefully we remain healthy for the duration of the season.  

1 hour ago, ubxcretired said:

As we head towards Miami - I always like to take 2 minutes and remember perhaps the second greatest post game press conference in MAC history (with the first being the BGSU Dan Dackich wihtout socks gem).

https://youtu.be/UnilJdwyPRs

Yes, Charlie is definitely missed. The "No Goddamn socks" and "Buzz em again" game was better, but Charlie will forever be one of my fav coaches, always played to the crowd and had his team ready to keep the score at 50 points. RIP

16 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I feel like the biggest challenge in this game is gonna be the noon start time.  Its easy to be "sleepy" for games that start at the time.  Hopefully the team comes out with the same intensity as we did against Toledo and end this game before it really begins.  If we can avoid the let down (we did lose to them last year) we should win by double digits. 

I feel like a game at 9pm is worse than a game at noon and we did fine for EMU and I think the time for this team is irrelevant. They'll be ready to rock and roll. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubxcretired said:

As we head towards Miami - I always like to take 2 minutes and remember perhaps the second greatest post game press conference in MAC history (with the first being the BGSU Dan Dackich wihtout socks gem).

https://youtu.be/UnilJdwyPRs

Charlie was the best, he is so missed and Miami never seems the same without him.

But yes Dackich is still #1 lol. Oh the memories of that game, some which I can't even share here. But involve me leaving upset only to hear on the radio in my car that we were granted those FTs as to which I ran back into Alumni. Idbihi 28 and 20 that game if I remember.

45 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

Charlie was the best, he is so missed and Miami never seems the same without him.

But yes Dackich is still #1 lol. Oh the memories of that game, some which I can't even share here. But involve me leaving upset only to hear on the radio in my car that we were granted those FTs as to which I ran back into Alumni. Idbihi 28 and 20 that game if I remember.

Thank goodness he nailed the 2 FT or else there would've been no story. DJ Carstensen and Ken Turner were 2 of the 3 refs. Classic game, definitely ranks in my top 5 all time at Alumni and will never fall outside of it.