Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Toledo @ #19 UB (1/8 - 7pm ET)

Jeseph

As of today, what percentage influence does the preseason rankings have on KENPOM and Pomeroy?  Does anyone know or where to find it?

There is some guy who has not cast a single vote for UB bball this season in the poll and comments that he uses the computer rankings as his basis.  In the latest poll he was the only holdout.

17 minutes ago, UB92 said:

As of today, what percentage influence does the preseason rankings have on KENPOM and Pomeroy?  Does anyone know or where to find it?

There is some guy who has not cast a single vote for UB bball this season in the poll and comments that he uses the computer rankings as his basis.  In the latest poll he was the only holdout.

I'm not sure but if I recall correctly he's said in the past preseason rankings are factored out completely by late January.

We've risen or stayed about the same in KenPom after every game this season except for Marquette meaning we've continually outperformed our projections. We're sitting at #21 and we still might not have converged on our true ranking. Love a guy that tries to use analytics when he doesn't have an understanding of them. That guy has no excuse to not rank us next week (barring a catastrophe vs. Miami).

All I have to say is Nick Perkins looks so different with the new hair, it looked like he had a little bit of a new pep in his step too. He played fantastic in the second half. 

What a overall fantastic balanced scoring and rebounding game. Lots of guys stepped up tonight. 

Jeremy Harris yet again coming alive in the second MAC game just like last year against Ball State. He looked absolutely amazing tonight and he could not be stopped. 

Massinburg with a quiet 17 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 0 turnovers. He was great tonight. 

Javon Graves 13 points, 12 rebounds, 0 turnovers, in 28 minutes. One of his best games so far this season. 

Dontay Caruthers, super productive off the bench, perhaps one of his best games of the season. 10 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals. 

Overall, I could not express how proud I am of the team tonight. Unafraid of this Toledo team.

6 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Have my recap article, Buffalo postgame presser video and UB highlights from their win over Toledo attached to the link below:

LINK: Buffalo dismantles Toledo behind Jeremy Harris’ career night

Thx again for providing another media avenue of coverage. Do you get to ask questions in the post game pressers (yet?). Don’t know how these things work.  Since you promote here, can we give question suggestions?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

Thx again for providing another media avenue of coverage. Do you get to ask questions in the post game pressers (yet?). Don’t know how these things work.  Since you promote here, can we give question suggestions?

Yea, I'm allowed to ask questions during the postgame pressers. I typically allow the more established media members to ask what's on their minds first since they have important deadlines they're trying to meet. If they don't get to something I'm hoping to figure out, I normally bring it up later on.

I'm always open to suggestions. That's part of the reason why I'm active on this message board is to see if there's anything that peaks UB fans interest.

• Like 3

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, pottier25 said:

Maybe I missed it, does anyone have the second half shooting stats? 

Full stats:  2nd half. Field - 62.2%            Game stats:     Field - 51.8%

3-pt. - 75%                                            3-pt  - 50%

F throw - 0%.                                    Throw. - 69.2%

Go Bulls!!!!

Wonderful win. Kinda went how I pictured. Toledo can score but ita hard to run with the Bulls if that's the style you want to play. Thus it ends up a high scoring blowout.

I'm not sure what type of team the rockets will be in the Mac. They had a great ooc and looked like a good heavy opponent for the bulls this year but they've been blown out on both of their Mac games. They will need to figure out some balance or there season might go south.

How can one not be speechless and impressed after that win?  Total domination and team effort. It will be hard to expect this every time out but this is what we are capable of.  And if its not Harris, its Perk or CJ or McRea or you or me.  That's how deep we are.  And Oats keeps saying the freshman are coming.  

McRea - Quiet night as long as he does the little things we are good.  We don't need to lean on him offensively so anything on that end is an added bonus.  

Harris - Finally blew up.  Hopefully he is over his minor wrist issue and this will be the norm.

Graves - Continues to blossom as a Soph.  Double double.  Yet another weapon.  His development is what we can expect from Segu and Williams from year 1 to year 2.

CJ - Dang near triple double.  From the tip he took the role of PG when Jordan went out with injury.  What more can you say about CJ who does it all and stuffs the stat sheet.

Jordan - Dodged a bullet his injury wasn't serious.  Quiet game as a result but came back and played effectively.  

Perkins - Was strong inside and out.  Hit 4 3s and showed some nifty moves in the paint.  He's one of our few bigs and we need him to play big.

Caruthers - Strong all around game just look at the stat sheet.  Spark off the bench and not afraid to drive to the paint and boy does he finish around the rim.  No fear. He throws down dunks so hard I fear he may hurt himself.

Segu - I feel like Rondo is making strides every time out.  His weaknesses are obvious but they are correctable.  His future is bright.  For now though his role is to steal some minutes throughout the course of the game for the starters and facilitate the offense.  I think Oats is realizing that you can't have both freshman on the court at the same time (defensive liabilities) and the best way to get the most out of Rondo is to have on the court with the vets.

Williams - Still raw.  He seems to want to do too much when he is out there. Almost as if he is trying to justify his recruiting rating.  His best days are ahead.  But if he settles in and embraces his role he can be useful.  His cutting layups were great, that should be his game since his jumper isn't falling so far.  Work in progress but he is the future.  As with Rondo.

Fagan - Here is a guy who should get more minutes.  I know it was garbage time the last two games but he seems to be effective around the basket and not afraid to rebound.  

Bertram - Happy to see him get a bucket.  He is what he is.  But great credit to him for working hard and embracing his role.  

So much for being speechless.  Lets keep building for March.  We don't wanna peak too soon but boy was last night something.

• Like 1

Williams looks like he's off balance every time he gets the ball. I'm guessing that's simply because he's unsure of himself and still finding the step up from high school difficult. He was rated a 4* for a reason. I trust and hope he develops into what the talent gurus saw before arriving at UB.

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

Williams looks like he's off balance every time he gets the ball. I'm guessing that's simply because he's unsure of himself and still finding the step up from high school difficult. He was rated a 4* for a reason. I trust and hope he develops into what the talent gurus saw before arriving at UB.

He looks like a deer a dear trying to find his legs. But he has shown his athletic ability in games this season and I have faith that next year he will be much better. Him and Rondo.

Williams and Segu are going to get alot of minutes this year...in the second half.

That can only be of benefit later this year and in the future.

I agree about Fagan.  Perhaps he will get some more minutes in the first half as the season progresses.

• Like 1