Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#Operation6000

• 7 months later...

I have a problem with over packing AA.  We had games last year where things got rather out of hand.  The ticket office needs to let people that have GA seats know that they need to arrive early.  They can't show up 5 minutes before tip off and complain that "they paid for a seat and there are non left, I want my money back".  There were people standing 5 deep on the ends.  Couldn't see the game.  Couldn't walk to the john.  It's great to fill the place.  It's foolish to over fill it like we did a few times last year.

22 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I have a problem with over packing AA.  We had games last year where things got rather out of hand.  The ticket office needs to let people that have GA seats know that they need to arrive early.  They can't show up 5 minutes before tip off and complain that "they paid for a seat and there are non left, I want my money back".  There were people standing 5 deep on the ends.  Couldn't see the game.  Couldn't walk to the john.  It's great to fill the place.  It's foolish to over fill it like we did a few times last year.

I'd rather go off on a usher.  After all they're the ones that set the ticket sale capacity, control the refund policy, and all of that stuff.

I think it's also locals not knowing/expecting what's coming.  GA tickets are becoming common in MLB stadiums and some other pro sports, in addition to their popularity in college sports.  Maybe sell a fixed number of GA tickets and then specifically sell standing room only tickets.  GA tells me "if you want a good seat, come early", SRO tells me "I might be watching the back of somebody's head for half the game if I arrive late".

Edited by rma
clarifying my sarcasm
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

A distinction between GA and SRO seems like a great idea to me.  The challenge, I think, would be with the unknown quantity of MoBull Pass tickets at any one event.

Those are the cheapest tickets so tbqh I'd give them SRO if there's even a chance of a sell out.

23 hours ago, rma said:

I'd rather go off on a usher.  After all they're the ones that set the ticket sale capacity, control the refund policy, and all of that stuff.

I think it's also locals not knowing/expecting what's coming.  GA tickets are becoming common in MLB stadiums and some other pro sports, in addition to their popularity in college sports.  Maybe sell a fixed number of GA tickets and then specifically sell standing room only tickets.  GA tells me "if you want a good seat, come early", SRO tells me "I might be watching the back of somebody's head for half the game if I arrive late".

General admission tickets in baseball is not new.  I used to go to Yankee games buying general admission tickets.  If i wanted more money for food instead of paying $1.50 for general admission I would pay $0.75 for bleacher seats.  That was good enough for at least two hot dogs and a soda extra.

I also own a ticket from the July 4, 1941 Lou Gehrig Memorial Game.  It is a general admission ticket for $1.10.

• 2 weeks later...