Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#Operation6000

I just refreshed the attendance figures for the MAC.  Over the past few years, only UB, EMU and Toledo have seen increases in their home attendance.

* the MAC site didn't have data for '09-'10, so I'm showing an average of '08-'09 and '10-'11.

** '18-'19, as of 1-9-2019.

Here is the original thread: http://www.ubfan.com/board/index.php/topic,16008.msg181768.html#msg181768

MAC.JPG

MAC-E.JPG

MAC-W.JPG

If we can get 5k without the students just imagine in a few weeks once they return.  And more importantly...just imagine how loud its going to be. Last night felt quiet until the 2nd half when the rout was in full effect.  I want Alumni to be rocking and raucous from the jump.  And it will be soon.  I expect sellouts for the remainder of the season once students are back.

4 hours ago, UB85 said:

Here's an interesting tid bit. I was looking for multiple tickets for a group in Feb and was told group tix no longer available due to sales surge. Thus we may well see operation 6000 the rest of the season.

Best news I’ve heard all day. That’s amazing (although sorry about your group)

Okay, one more...  I think this does the best job of showing how each fan-base reacts to their team's success.  The range of the secondary y axis (attendance) was stabilized for all teams (I hadn't noticed that the scale changed in the previous picture).  The individual team websites were used to verify the '09-'10 attendance data (that the MAC site lacked), so that year is no longer just an average.  I was also able to get some additional attendance data, prior to '06, for some of the teams. 

MAC RPI-Attendance.JPG

• Thanks 1

Just need some R squared values and # of wins and we have most of a paper done here!

Just looking at the graphs, it seems that UB attendance is heavily influenced by performance.  Which makes sense - demand is elastic in a city that has other things that you can do in it.  EMU seems to have little to no correlation between RPI and attendance. 

8 hours ago, rma said:

Just need some R squared values and # of wins and we have most of a paper done here! ...

I might grad transfer to hustlebelt.  No one will care. 

8 hours ago, rma said:

.. Just looking at the graphs, ...

My Three Things are:

Attendance is much less volatile than RPI. 

‘05 Bulls attendance really was amazing.

‘09-‘11 Rocket fans were quite resilient.

Plus, todays matchup pits the greatest improvers against the biggest decliners. 

21 minutes ago, weareub46 said:

Anyone offhand know what the highest attendance was? You’d think if we keep the success up when the students come we could break it. There’s a lot of extra standing room on that track...

The largest crowd was before the renovation.  MAC tourney game against NIU in 2004. I don't know post renovation.

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Like 8k plus.  The game in question set the attendance record.  I was there and there were plenty standing.  We also court stormed too.  Probably won't be broken bc capacity now is just over 6k.

I had thought it was 9500 but that might be going back in 1990's.   This article says it was 8500 before the remodel:

http://www.buffalo.edu/ubreporter/archive/vol35/vol35n15/articles/AlumniArena.html

Also, current capacity is listed as 6783 but the attendance today was 6177. Where could they have put another 600 people. They announced it was Standing Room Only and the railing was packed with people.

Edited by bullsbball

10 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

I had thought it was 9500.

Also, current capacity is listed as 6783 but the attendance today was 6177. Where could they have put another 600 people. They announced it was Standing Room Only and the railing was packed with people.

According to the almighty wikipedia, current capacity is 6,100. So 77 people were standing today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alumni_Arena_(University_at_Buffalo)