Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
DooleyBull06

Tujautae Williams

Has some really good offers from schools like Texas Tech, Depaul, Minnesota, and New Mexico as well. 

Looks like he could be filling a 2-3 position/wing type role.

Could be a great get for Oats. I was hoping we could follow up last year's highly touted recruiting class with another few 3 or 4 star recruits. I trust Oats to develop whoever plays here, but I thought with our continued success and raised profile we would be in serious contention for some better known players. 

I was just going to post that Hodgson told us that he had to make a special trip to Chicago to go to the ORR vs Uplift game before our Miami game. 

Interesting player who seemed to have developed late. Good list of schools, I'd expect a commit due to the nature of the visit. 

I covered him here:

https://www.trainwrecksports.com/single-post/2019/01/10/Buffalo-offers-Scholarship-to-Tujautae-Williams

Edited by Kevin

I think going after a player that already holds multiple high major offers says a lot about where our program's at. Most "mid-majors" wouldn't devote resources to recruit a player already holding that list of offers.

Just to follow up on this; after some quick research Hodgson is the only recruiter he follows on twitter from any of the schools that have offered him a scholarship. Listed as a 2 star recruit plays a lot like Xavier Ford (once he randomly started contributing solidly). Fast break passing ability reminds me of Shannon Evans. Really hoping he commits

15 hours ago, 961819 said:

Just to follow up on this; after some quick research Hodgson is the only recruiter he follows on twitter from any of the schools that have offered him a scholarship. Listed as a 2 star recruit plays a lot like Xavier Ford (once he randomly started contributing solidly). Fast break passing ability reminds me of Shannon Evans. Really hoping he commits

• Like 1

Yeah, I really like the kid, hope he signs.

I asked coach for an update, but he was unable to give me one, lol.

Illinois 2A state title game tonight for Williams' Orr squad. 

Kid has high potential. He might be a bit redundant with Jeenathan as a wing guard, but could also be a weapon as a "4"  in a Warriors style death lineup.

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

Illinois 2A state title game tonight for Williams' Orr squad. 

Kid has high potential. He might be a bit redundant with Jeenathan as a wing guard, but could also be a weapon as a "4"  in a Warriors style death lineup.

Anywhere to watch the game?

Williams and Orr won their third consecutive state title tonight 50-36. He had 10 points. 

Haven't seen anything recent about us still recruiting him but now he's getting some high major looks 

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

Haven't seen anything recent about us still recruiting him but now he's getting some high major looks 

I’m not sure if he’s taken them yet but he also has visits to Texas A&M, Minnesota, and Texas Tech