Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

KJ to the U

rma

11 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

My heart breaks

You wouldn't even welcome him back, if he didn't enroll at Miami?

I understand not recognizing his stats while at another school.

But, I don't understand erasing the stats that he did give UB while in Buffalo.

Edited by 121Merrimac

On 1/11/2019 at 3:17 PM, bull_trojan said:

So if KJ stayed and at next year's camp Lance said Charlie and Nunn were better and were gonna start over KJ, would you be talking about how we invested 4 years in him and how he deserves to start? No.

Nothing is guaranteed, you just want to win, that's fine, we all do, but don't drag down athletes who are just living their lives.

Like your argument is we gave him four years of training, he owes us the 5th year.

KJ would probably counter that he gave you four years of his life, battling to put this team in a better position. Now, he's taking the 5th year transfer he earned by graduating to do something for himself. He owes us nothing.

And you keep saying transfers makes us look JV. I think crying over individual players makes us look JV. You think we dont have another QB or WR on the roster...Look at Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State...they have the top QBs in the nation and back them up with even better QBs... If you're not stocking your cupboard like that (at whatever level you are at) then YOU ARE JV and that is what it is. This year we'll know if we're JV or not.

You might have forgotten Oklahoma...you know  the guys with back to back to back to back Big XII Championships; three CFP games in the last four years; back to back Heismans...

QB U....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Liepold was interviewed on WGR this afternoon. He mentioned KJ's grad transfer and the attrition of one more. He talked of Nunn but didnt mention another WR. I hope the attrition isnt Charlie Jones or Rodney Scott.

Charlie Jones is going to be star

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 10:06 PM, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Charlie Jones is the one looking to transfer per 247's excellent transfer portal site...darn. Explains why we signed 2 JUCO wideouts late.

Transfer Portal

That stinks but gotta move on.   These college football players want to be Free Agents now that it's available to them.  If they feel they are not getting enough playing time, or not being utilized properly...or the talent around them is thin.,,or they don't like a coach...  then they are going to bail and try to find greener pastures.   Every program is facing this.  

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

Anyone notice the significantly low amount of MAC players drafted this year?

How many grad transfers from the MAC were selected? It's hard for the MAC to get seniors drafted when the "big" schools are allowed to take the developed players that the MAC teams churn out.

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

How many grad transfers from the MAC were selected? It's hard for the MAC to get seniors drafted when the "big" schools are allowed to take the developed players that the MAC teams churn out.

It's hard to tell kids to stick around when your conference only gets a kicker and a offensive lineman drafted. "Hey you can get a mini camp tryout or maybe even a UDFA contract" is a hell of a lot less convincing than "You can get drafted here"

To answer your question, two MAC grad transfers were drafted.

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2020/4/25/21236863/ex-mac-stars-james-morgan-kj-osborn-mike-danna-hear-their-names-called-at-2020-nfl-draft-maction

33 minutes ago, rma said:

It's hard to tell kids to stick around when your conference only gets a kicker and a offensive lineman drafted. "Hey you can get a mini camp tryout or maybe even a UDFA contract" is a hell of a lot less convincing than "You can get drafted here"

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2020/4/25/21236863/ex-mac-stars-james-morgan-kj-osborn-mike-danna-hear-their-names-called-at-2020-nfl-draft-maction

Wow a total of 2 MAC grad transfers got drafted...this was still a down year for any former MAC players.

1 hour ago, rma said:

Well, that's not good, for us or those like us.

I think part of the reason selections from the MAC were down was because of the lack of ability of teams to bring players in for individual workouts.  So a GM is faced do I take a player from SEC that ends up a bust or risk a player from the MAC that as a mid to late round pick is a bust?  I'm going with the SEC kid.