Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

Interesting forward flyer. We seem to knock it out of the park with 1-3 players but for some reason can't get a 4-5 to come here. We were after a couple this year who wouldn't give us the time of day. 

I'm fine with taking a chance, but I don't see much in him that screams potential starter. I think another late bloomer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kevin said:

Interesting forward flyer. We seem to knock it out of the park with 1-3 players but for some reason can't get a 4-5 to come here. We were after a couple this year who wouldn't give us the time of day. 

I'm fine with taking a chance, but I don't see much in him that screams potential starter. I think another late bloomer. 

Nothing wrong with a late bloomer. Look at the senior leadership this year. We are still a school, despite the recent success, that needs to develop under recruited kids. If we pluck a 4 star here or there that’s great. 

Oats tried to capitalize off the run last year but kids still aren’t sold. So he stocked up on Juco players. And is now trying to find a few kids to grow and develop to help the long term sustainability. Which if he does rounds out a pretty good recruiting class. One that could have us not have a big drop off next year that we may fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just figured I’d add in, everyone is talking about Noah Williams and Raymond Hawkins right now for obvious reasons, but don’t forget we have offers out to these two players. Both sound fantastic 

F4E397E6-345D-49AD-8B66-860D149E3CD0.jpeg

E28992B3-9D2A-4AD8-ADF3-C1009B0B9D43.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd assume we will see him in a Bulls uniform if we have a transfer or if Hawkins does not commit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s mind blowing how many games HSers play these days.24-11?  35 games?  How many hours on the bus is that?  Poor kids...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"@scottybscout: East St Louis defeats Bogan for 3A State Title 68-63. Rashaun Agee 24 pts 14 reb. Antoine Bloxton 10. Kyndall Davis 7 pts"

I still really like this kid. Likely significant untapped potential coming from under-resourced Chicago public schools. I'm surprised he only has offers from us, NIU and a handful of low-majors. The geographic Michigans and others in the MAC would be smart to check in with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

"@scottybscout: East St Louis defeats Bogan for 3A State Title 68-63. Rashaun Agee 24 pts 14 reb. Antoine Bloxton 10. Kyndall Davis 7 pts"

I still really like this kid. Likely significant untapped potential coming from under-resourced Chicago public schools. I'm surprised he only has offers from us, NIU and a handful of low-majors. The geographic Michigans and others in the MAC would be smart to check in with him.

You'll see him here if Hawkins picks ASU/Arkansas, or if we get a transfer of Fagan/Brock? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin said:

You'll see him here if Hawkins picks ASU/Arkansas, or if we get a transfer of Fagan/Brock? 

I think the only way Brock transfers is as a grad transfer. Once he completes his 4 years of schooling. Which I think would be after next season bc he is a redshirt. Much like Smart did. 

As for the notion of Fagan transferring this is only a wise idea if he hasn’t redshirted. Bc otherwise he would have to sit one season and only have one season of eligibility. Upon checking he is a redshirt sophomore. So the likelihood of him transferring just to play one season elsewhere are slim. Unless he wants out that badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

As for the notion of Fagan transferring this is only a wise idea if he hasn’t redshirted. Bc otherwise he would have to sit one season and only have one season of eligibility. Upon checking he is a redshirt sophomore. So the likelihood of him transferring just to play one season elsewhere are slim. Unless he wants out that badly. 

I'm not going to give up on the idea of Fagan contributing significant minutes next year. We don't know yet. He is a long, athletic body that could honestly come out of his shell next season. We shall wait and see.

As for Brock, he will probably leave after next season and play somewhere in Minnesota. We aren't getting anything from him.......and quite frankly, he's been one of the more disappointing recruits in recent memory. He just never could seem to find himself on this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I'm not going to give up on the idea of Fagan contributing significant minutes next year. We don't know yet. He is a long, athletic body that could honestly come out of his shell next season. We shall wait and see.

As for Brock, he will probably leave after next season and play somewhere in Minnesota. We aren't getting anything from him.......and quite frankly, he's been one of the more disappointing recruits in recent memory. He just never could seem to find himself on this team.

Do agree. With all lot of our JUCO’s coming in I can’t see anymore additional minutes for Brock. Fagan looks like he has potential but has never gotten enough minutes and time on the court to become anywhere comfortable or get into any flow. He appears like he has some quickness and athletic ability. Hope Fagan gets a chance to play and get some minutes next year. Go Bulls!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 961819 said:

F1BCC1AC-0E42-434D-A3A7-2676C945107B.png

There’s been no talk on him at all or anything about him being here or him being in contacts with the school, I doubt he’s coming here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikescherrer8 said:

There’s been no talk on him at all or anything about him being here or him being in contacts with the school, I doubt he’s coming here.

Just was putting it out there, I don’t think we’re in the mix for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for him. I wonder if since we nailed down a great class with Oats then after all that happened when Oats left if he fell through the cracks or we dropped out his list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Good for him. I wonder if since we nailed down a great class with Oats then after all that happened when Oats left if he fell through the cracks or we dropped out his list?

Not too sure, whatever the case though it would’ve been awesome to have him here. Averaged 24 points and 16 rebounds per game but oh well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...