Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Schadenfreude

squire17

WKU?  Yeah it would have been nice to have Lamonte here but it's clear that he hasn't gotten his act together.  As a player, I think I would have rather had Lamonte than Jordan (who it looks like his scholarship went to).  But with Lamonte as a player you get the academic issues and the pot issue.  I think his transfer was good for UB and good for Lamonte.

I’ll take Jordan 8 days a week. Much better defender. As good at dishing. Better at getting to the basket, and better from the outside. Only advantage that Bearden had is he is a much better free throw shooter. Bearden is injury prone and not a guy whom you can count on. Jordan may not have been as highly rated when he came to Buffalo, but I’m glad that he’s a Bull. Bearden...no thanks.

• Like 2

I thought that Lamonte was a much better 3 point shooter, then I looked at the stats.  Lamonte is only 2% better on 3's and they're about even on assists per game too.  Lamonte's more of a scorer than Jordan, but we have no shortage of scorers this year.

I can't find anything in the stats (outside of FT%, and 5 points per game) that distinguishes Lamonte from Jordan, and with Jordan you get the defense which doesn't show in the stats sheet.

I'd gladly take Davonte over Lamonte. Jordan is a beast on D and has been very good with the ball. His shooting has improved over his time here and he is a great teammate. I remember when Lamonte was suspended for a game or two and he had to sit in street clothes on the bench. He looked like he just came back from hanging out with his friends, sloppy looking clothes, sagging, no UB gear. It was embarrassing. Could Lamonte play ball? Certainly, but I am extremely happy with the roster that we've got!