Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Big 4 Update: UB primed for a huge jump in the rankings!

LINK: Big 4 Update: UB primed for huge jump in the rankings!

Here's a snippet of my Big 4 Update column, previewing where I believe UB will be ranked in the polls this week. I also have my podcast and Jeremy Harris story attached.

Poll Watch:

Buffalo will make a large jump in the polls this week. The question is, how far will they rise?

Seven teams ranked ahead of the Bulls lost this past week. Here’s a look at who UB could potentially jump.

11 Auburn – Possible

12 North Carolina – Possible

13 Florida State – Unlikely

14 Mississippi State – Lock

15 North Carolina State – Lock

16 Ohio State – Lock

17 Houston – Lock

If I were a betting man, I would pick Buffalo to be slotted no lower than 15th in this week’s AP Poll. I don’t think they’ll jump Florida State with the Seminoles just missing out on upsetting No. 1 Duke. 

The question is, will the Bulls jump Auburn and North Carolina. I’m not sure right now. It’s certainly possible but that’s asking a lot for them to move up six spots to No. 13.

For now, my prediction is for UB to be ranked No. 14 in Monday’s poll.

I'm not sure we move up that much.  There is a difference between us losing in the MAC and a P5 loss.  We won at home so we should stay where we are.  My only concern is what happens when we lose away in MAC.  Will we drop out of top 25?  I hope that's not the case.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Fair point, I should've included my post in the other thread instead.

IMO, ranking was only a portion of your post, so no more related to the other post than to one of its own.  

Perhaps the compromise would be a dedicated From the 300 Level post for all these updates?

• Like 1

Just now, 121Merrimac said:

IMO, ranking was only a portion of your post, so no more related to the other post than to one of its own.  

Perhaps the compromise would be a dedicated From the 300 Level post for all these updates?

I'd be fine with that moving forward. The next time I post, I can make an extended thread that will have all of my updates in the future.

1 minute ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

I'd be fine with that moving forward. The next time I post, I can make an extended thread that will have all of my updates in the future.

Don’t do that just for me.  I thought things were fine as they were.  And only offered a suggestion in case the overall group wanted a change. 

13 hours ago, UB92 said:

I love that you post here -- I really do.  But there is a whole (extended) thread on ranking predictions that you may have wanted to post on instead of starting a new thread.

There's like 5 active threads at a time on here. I vote that it's fine 😉

• Like 2