Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#16 UB @ WMU (1/15 - 7pm ET)

Jeseph

• Jeseph pinned this topic
22 minutes ago, BrazenBull said:

I find myself getting impatient each day, waiting for our next game. Can't wait for March, but have to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Here's hoping we drop another C-note on them.

106 - 68

For the first time in a while, I find myself looking for something posted about UB everyday, haha.

This team has me so hyped this year. I love to see our exposure nationally, as well as our stock rising overall.

Go Bulls!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UB92 said:

Any update on Perkins?  I recall it said he had a G1 sprain. 

This will be a good opportunity for Fagan and/or Williams (or even Bertram) for more minutes if Perkins misses time.

I like the idea of seeing Fagan some more. I think he's got a lot of potential.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Bertram. I know he had a few good points last game, but the dude is S L O W... like his movements are way too sluggish.

• Like 1

I agree with what everyone has said so far. One thing worries me about this game...Western has a 7 footer who has had some big games. If Perkins doesn’t play that will be a tough cover. As said Bertram is slow, McRae is foul prone. So it will be interesting to see this unfold. 

That said despite going on the road we should win. Go Bulls!

Edited by DooleyBull06

Yea two notable absences for duke for most of the game but hey I’ll take it. 

Sounds like good news for perk but I’d still err on the side of caution and limit his minutes tonight. If McRae and Bertram can hold down the fort let perk rest up as much as possible. If we need him, that’s fine as long as he’s truly ok to play but still 

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

According to team sources,  they could be cautious with Perkins based on warmups tonight. 

Definitely seems like the right move. We'll need him later in MAC play and should really not struggle to beat WMU (mostly) without him. Rest up and get back to 100%

The line is like 16 or 17.  Sure...WMU can win.  Anyone has a chance.  Without an effective Perkins, that chance increases.

But, as we've said all year, UB has so many ways to beat you that they have some margin for error if someone (or two) has a bad night.  UB may lose in the MAC (more likely on the road), but I really don't see that being the case in Kalamazoo. 

However...the students are back for WMU and this is the highest ranked team they have ever hosted in that arena.  We will very, very likely see WMU's best on display tonight. 

It was a close game against EMU for much of the first half, so I expect more of that...and I expect this to be closer than the line. 

Every game, especially on the road, we are very likely to get a great effort from the other side (and an interested fan base to see a ranked team).  It is how we deal with it that will decide what options are available to the team at the end of the regular season.

In reading the comments from the WMU coach, I expect them to foul regularly to slow down the Bulls (and, I think, hold their possessions...kind of like EMU did).  Expect a slower, sloppier game. 

Go Bulls.

5 minutes ago, UB92 said:

In reading the comments from the WMU coach, I expect them to foul regularly to slow down the Bulls (and, I think, hold their possessions...kind of like EMU did).  Expect a slower, sloppier game.

If this continues to be the case, I expect a number of games that are close at half and then we explode in the 2nd to win by a large margin. MAC teams don't have the depth to do this effectively IMO. As long as we don't get frustrated and just keep playing our game it's simply not a sustainable strategy against our lineup.

2 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

If this continues to be the case, I expect a number of games that are close at half and then we explode in the 2nd to win by a large margin. MAC teams don't have the depth to do this effectively IMO. As long as we don't get frustrated and just keep playing our game it's simply not a sustainable strategy against our lineup.

Doesn't WMU only have 8 guys essentially that get playing time. Just maintain Holiday and keep a high tempo and this is ours. 

9 minutes ago, UB92 said:

However...the students are back for WMU and this is the highest ranked team they have ever hosted in that arena.  We will very, very likely see WMU's best on display tonight. 

Good catch. I checked tickets yesterday and there were still a ton left. Student sections were obviously blocked off. I can see a ton of students coming out bringing their A game. 

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

Go Bulls.

The problem with this is, we aren't very good at free throws (69.8%)