Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#16 UB @ WMU (1/15 - 7pm ET)

Jeseph

Super frustrating to watch. The refs are terrible both ways. Our ft shooting won us the game. I guess that’s one way to win when the refs call a foul for breathing on someone 

glad we escaped but we gotta clean things up. We are gunna get these spirited efforts to beat a ranked team everywhere we go and next week especially is going to be brutal 

What a great win for the team.  These games are both a wake up call and help you gain mental toughness. While the game was always close the team always seemed composed and never felt like their was a significant chance to lose.  Absolutely brutal to watch, but somehow we still managed to score 88 points at what seemed like a grueling pace with all the fouls and turnovers.

Jeremy Harris is not to be trifled with in MAC play.  On to EMU!

I dont mind these type of games. Its going to happen during the season. We are a fantastic deep team but we are going to get everyone's best effort in a tough grueling conference. Wake up calls are a good thing.

Take the win and go. But an overall frustrating game. Shots werent really falling. Our FT shooting really helped. Broncos played well despite their record. They really went for it and withstood runs.

We have had a couple rough games in a row, Id like to see us really put it together against an EMU team that is playing well.

6 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

We have had a couple rough games in a row, Id like to see us really put it together against an EMU team that is playing well.

If winning by 24 followed by a 9 point road win is "a couple rough games in a row", then we need to check ourselves. Were either of those games perfect? No, but nobody is perfect. It's hard to win games. The other teams are trying to win also! EMU lost and only scored 49 yesterday, so I'm not so sure how "well" they are playing, but I am with you in knowing that they can be dangerous to play against. I can't wait to see the packed house and see another big UB win on Friday. Let's get out and support the women tonight!

38 minutes ago, 01bull said:

Btw, segu’s work effort is tremendous. There is an Instagram post of him taking shots at alumni at 1am after they got back

He has been doing that every game. I swear, he came back after the Syracuse game and posted on Instagram of him putting up shots at around 1 am. That is the type of person you want on the squad. 

Usually Williams is out there with him too at that time. 

From a media prospective, it is helpful when a guy like Segu (who has a huge social media presence) posts about Buffalo and the Bulls. Brings more awareness to the program

On a game note,  31% from three point range.  13 compared to their 6 offensive rebounds. In my mind, that stat is what won us the game. WMU definitely played their best for 35 minutes. You can tell WMU was gassed at the end and couldn't keep up. The announcers mentioned it too. Gotta give them a lot of credit though. They put up better efforts than the other MAC teams we played this season.

I am expecting Oats to go to Massinburg a lot against EMU to try to get him going before two road games.

1 hour ago, 01bull said:

Btw, segu’s work effort is tremendous.

The future is bright. Segu is starting to look more comfortable on the floor. There's still a clear drop-off in offensive efficiency with him in the lineup as he's not quite the play maker that our veterans are but I have no reservations about his career as a Bull. Williams looked much better out there against WMU as well, keep getting those valuable minutes!

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

If winning by 24 followed by a 9 point road win is "a couple rough games in a row", then we need to check ourselves. Were either of those games perfect? No, but nobody is perfect. It's hard to win games. 

THANK YOU. There are a select few on these forums who keep preaching "we have not seen a complete game from UB yet". Especially after we won by 30 against Toledo and won by 24 against Miami(OH). It's ridiculous and the spoiled aspect is starting show. 

We as fans need to remember what we have right now and to evaluate things they're saying. 

7 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

THANK YOU. There are a select few on these forums who keep preaching "we have not seen a complete game from UB yet". Especially after we won by 30 against Toledo and won by 24 against Miami(OH). It's ridiculous and the spoiled aspect is starting show. 

We as fans need to remember what we have right now and to evaluate things they're saying. 

To your guys point...we don't want to be peaking right now.  Dare I even say that a loss somewhere in the regular season might be a good thing? I think what has been great about this team is that we can win any style game and get winning contributions from any player on the roster.  Last night is evidence. Keep building and growing and the wins will continue to mount. If the freshman continue to develop into their roles we are legitimately 9 players deep.  That kinda depth is going to be needed to get us to through Feb. 1st.  

33 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Well said.   I feel like the Bulls will get picked off somewhere in the MAC, maybe 2-losses total.  It's not the end of the world.  These road games especially are tough.  Even if other top-25 teams played at random MAC arenas they would lose a game here and there.   We just never get to see that kind of scheduling.   They would most certainly take a 9-point win, be happy and get outta there.

16 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Are you calling for the chicken, or the egg?

Woof. Metaphors.

You get the point. 

This was a really poorly officiated game. Hawkins was at half court yelling at the officials, Oats had already gotten T'd up for similar. Flowers was taunting and pointing at Caruthers the whole way down the court at one point (Theo John was T'd up for less). They decided randomly when they were going to call soft contact or not. That travel on McRae was miserable (they then didn't call it on a WMU three that got Oats T'd up). 

They evened out the foul count and the game favored UB. Even WMU people at the game mentioned the very poor performance from this nickel-dimer crew. 

Edited by Kevin

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Woof. Metaphors.

You get the point. 

This was a really poorly officiated game. Hawkins was at half court yelling at the officials, Oats had already gotten T'd up for similar. Flowers was taunting and pointing at Caruthers the whole way down the court at one point (Theo James was T'd up for less). They decided when they were going to call soft contact or not. That travel on McRae was miserable (they then didn't call it on a WMU three). 

They evened out the foul count and the game favored UB. Even WMU people at the game mentioned the very poor performance from this nickel-dimer crew. 

Agree with everything you say. Sadly, poor refereeing in the MAC is the rule and not the exception. And as bad as it is for the guys, it's even worse (believe out or not) for the gals. As for WMU's strategy, hack-a-Shaq might slow UB down, but the strength of our bench more often than not blunts that effort. Oats and Hurley before him (and to some extent Reggie) are credited with playing the bench as often as possible early in the NC season...WMU looked gassed the last 5 minutes...we didn't.

Edited by ubfan75
  • Like 1

• Jeseph unpinned this topic