Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ultimate Nate Oats Thread - Future/Staying/Growth/Articles

Kevin

I’m just really not sure what else Oats needs to do to make people realize he loves Buffalo and doesn’t view it as a stepping stone to the next big pay day. He’s said and done all the right things, unless he goes against everything he’s led us to believe about him, I think we found another Mark Few 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 961819 said:

I’m just really not sure what else Oats needs to do to make people realize he loves Buffalo and doesn’t view it as a stepping stone to the next big pay day. He’s said and done all the right things, unless he goes against everything he’s led us to believe about him, I think we found another Mark Few 

I think it’s because people and pundits still don’t believe you can have sustained success at Buffalo. Guess we gotta keep proving them wrong.

• Like 2

Can't pass up Alabama.  Much better job than Arkansas or Nebraska.  Alabama has all the resources in the world to build a national power in basketball.  Sad to see him go and see UB fall back to the pack in the MAC again, but, damn...I would have taken that job and I'm a Buffalo guy.

Edited by UBigbobby

I got the first word in, cause I was literally writing a "no tempting job exists for Oats" post. He's from Wisconsin, I did not think he'd go deep south.

Oh well if history holds and his successor exceeds him 4 years later, I hopefully look forward to Hodgson beating Oats' Tide in the 2023 2nd round to get *back* to the Sweet 16.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 961819 said:

Well this didn’t age well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Wow! Never would have expected Alabama. Johnson got only two years after they let Grant go. Good luck, Coach Oats! You’re going to need it.

Wow. I’m stunned. I wish him all the luck in the world. But this sucks. Salt in the wound to us. This is gonna suck for next season. I wonder what this will do for our incoming players. Ugh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrooklynBull said:

I just went to the archived board and the statements today are almost identical to the statements when Hurley left.

True, but I’ll bet there won’t be many who turn on Oats like they turned on Bobby - including me, though I always thought Hurley was arrogant and a jerk.

Just now, squire17 said:

True, but I’ll bet there won’t be many who turn on Oats like they turned on Bobby - including me, though I always thought Hurley was arrogant and a jerk.

Yep, wish him nothing but luck at Alabama.