Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#14 UB @ NIU (1/22 - 8pm ET)

Kevin

• Jeseph pinned this topic

Huge week. Need to take it game by game. Stay focused. Defense needs to stay at a high level and that will lead to offense. Hope they are locked in and ready to go. Only thing that worries me is if the refs somehow decide they want to keep it close and make too many calls. Go Bulls.

Edited by MKBullsfan
  • Like 1

Hope there is a sense of revenge for what happened there last year. Blew a 13 point lead with 8 minutes in regulation. Eugene German went off for 28. Massinburg had just 5 points. The Bulls missed 15 of 26 FTs...yes, more than half of them. NIU came in on a 4 game losing streak and won in OT. Not sure how that debacle happened, but it was hard to watch, especially on that so-weirdly-painted basketball court.

50 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

As much as we keep saying this is no time to peak, it's also no time to falter. I really hope we can make a statement to the MAC tonight that home or road, we are the best team in the conference, we are here to win, we are here to run the table.

The other conference teams are starting to believe they can beat us. Time to dish out an old fashioned beat down. 

NIU seems to shoot the ball well.  They are at 50% FG and 37% from 3.  UB is 46% and 34%, respectively.  NIU loses out on the boards vs. UB and turns the ball over more / has fewer steals than UB.  So...it seems that we'll have to rebound well and win the turnover battle to secure a victory. 

It has been a bit of a mixed bag for NIU.  As we all know now, having UB visiting your gym is not another game or another MAC team -- it is a top 15 program in the country coming.  We will get everyone's best shot in their gym.    I suspect this will be another grind-it-out game.  If we are hitting our open shots...we can get ahead early.  If not, we will have to lock down on D and rebound well..and try to force them into turnovers.

Go Bulls.  Put on a show!

1 hour ago, UB92 said:

NIU seems to shoot the ball well.  They are at 50% FG and 37% from 3.  UB is 46% and 34%, respectively.  NIU loses out on the boards vs. UB and turns the ball over more / has fewer steals than UB.  So...it seems that we'll have to rebound well and win the turnover battle to secure a victory. 

It has been a bit of a mixed bag for NIU.  As we all know now, having UB visiting your gym is not another game or another MAC team -- it is a top 15 program in the country coming.  We will get everyone's best shot in their gym.    I suspect this will be another grind-it-out game.  If we are hitting our open shots...we can get ahead early.  If not, we will have to lock down on D and rebound well..and try to force them into turnovers.

Go Bulls.  Put on a show!

I mean it's about Defense. They are putrid. I've watched them a bunch and they can't cover anyone. 

KenPom says they are 258th in the country and allow the 208th most points.

They also haven't played another with our defensive efficiency other than Michigan State.