Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#14 UB @ Kent (1/25 - 6:30pm ET)

Kevin

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

that's a terrible effort by Jordan to end the half. The team absolutely needs him to be better than 30% from the line, that's middle school level.

Good thing he's over 32% then huh? Regardless getting to the rim in 4 seconds is not a "terrible effort". Unsurprisingly he's not a perfect player, if that means losing .7 points per game or whatever from FT shooting and we get everything else he brings to the table in fine with that.

Watching the halftime junk. Oats yelling during practice, “That’s a problem! We are a step slow!” Exhibit A (I hate to say it) is Jeremy Harris. Relaxed isn’t getting it done, so how about stepping it up a bit cause you’ve got nothing to lose. That Harris nonchalant pass that Walker stole and scored on is inexcusable for a senior.

• Like 1

I also struggle to understand how a team that was making wave with their top notch suffocating D has now gone back to back games seeming like giving a damn on D and being a seive.  What happened?  If they put up even a decent effort on D going forward they probably win...but...damn.

1 minute ago, squire17 said:

Watching the halftime junk. Oats yelling during practice, “That’s a problem! We are a step slow!” Exhibit A (I hate to say it) is Jeremy Harris. Relaxed isn’t getting it done, so how about stepping it up a bit cause you’ve got nothing to lose. That Harris nonchalant pass that Walker stole and scored on is inexcusable for a senior.

Harris always strikes me as a lazy player that relies on his smooth shot, except his smooth shot has been off more than on this year in most games.  Apparently he often wins the hard hat so he IS doing hustle stuff, so maybe he's just one of those guys whose body language looks like crap but he's actually going hard?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UBigbobby said:

Harris always strikes me as a lazy player that relies on his smooth shot, except his smooth shot has been off more than on this year in most games.  Apparently he often wins the hard hat so he IS doing hustle stuff, so maybe he's just one of those guys whose body language looks like crap but he's actually going hard?

I guess so. I like the kid, but that pass stunk. Hopefully his shot starts falling soon...like in about 15 minutes.

The offense consists of someone getting the ball and trying to take on the entire KSU team while the rest of the Bulls watch.  No ball movement.  It's slow, and uninspired.  Polar opposite of how this team normally plays.  On defense they're letting guys absolutely blow by them.  No focus, no effort.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UBigbobby said:

At look at that.  Williams can be effective when he doesn't try and do his Steph Curry impression.

I have a feeling he is going to make a big jump next year. It's good to see the freshman contributing in close conference games.