Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WBB - Akron @ UB (1/23 - 7pm ET)

BullsFan14

Akron coming off a two game losing streak with a loss to EMU and @NIU. This should be a game that we win. 

Dillard was pretty cold from shooting (6-25) against WMU but still brought in 16 points and stacked the Box Score. With that being said, she also averages 25 points per game. I expecting a 30 point showing from her tonight. 

Edited by BullsFan14
context

Hoping the women can ride the momentum of the late game heroics in Western into two home win this week. NIU is solid but is a team we should match-up well against. On the road at Ball next Tuesday is also a game we should win as Ball is struggling big time this season. If we play up to our ability, that should set up a 7-1 battle at Central next Saturday.

It seems like Autumn Jones may be back in the mix as she played some crunch time minutes against Western, although 0-7 from the field.

It will likely be a tough battle for a top 4 seed as there are about 6 or 7 teams looking decent thus far...coupled with CMU and UB much closer to the pack this season. 

• Like 1

Morrison and Hamilton with a career high.  Defense wasn't great at times (though Akron was so bad they didn't take advantage of it), but we played well and had very balanced scoring.

Anybody catch what Coach Jack was yelling about before the double technical (both on Akron lol)?  I couldn't make out the words that she was saying because she scared the daylights out of me.  I have never heard AA that quiet.

Edited by rma

22 minutes ago, rma said:

Morrison and Hamilton with a career high.  Defense wasn't great at times (though Akron was so bad they didn't take advantage of it), but we played well and had very balanced scoring.

Anybody catch what Coach Jack was yelling about before the double technical (both on Akron lol)?  I couldn't make out the words that she was saying because she scared the daylights out of me.  I have never heard AA that quiet.

It was 1 tech in addition to the personal foul that was already called before play was whistled. Cierra got elbowed in the head and no call, until she blew up and refs looked at the video.

Nice win. Keep it rolling on Saturday!

3 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

It was 1 tech in addition to the personal foul that was already called before play was whistled. Cierra got elbowed in the head and no call, until she blew up and refs looked at the video.

Ah, thanks.  For some reason I thought they got two techs since Morrison shot two with everybody behind half court.

9 hours ago, rma said:

Ah, thanks.  For some reason I thought they got two techs since Morrison shot two with everybody behind half court.

It was something like "Are you serious? Did you not see that?"

To be honest, it was very hard to see and I think Coach Jack went at it because she saw how hurt Cierra was. That is uncharacteristic of her to act injured so I think Coach Jack jumped in.

I thought it was a good game. Loved our fast style play. I was incredibly impressed by Hamilton and the guard play. It is going to be a real treat watching Hanna and Finess grow to the leaders of the program. I feel like the growth of Hanna from last year to this year is similar to Graves of the men's team.

A good balanced effort on the offensive end...if Morrison can consistently play to this level and stay on the floor for long stretches and out of foul trouble, I like our chances in the conference.

When we score 91 points and have a comfortable lead nearly the entire way, it is tough to fault the defense as it is a bit natural to not dig in as hard on every single possession when you are up 15-20 and getting whatever you want on offense. It would be nice to see a few more stops but the way the most of top teams in this conference play(UB, Ohio, Central) the games to decide the MAC will likely be high scoring. The exception to this is Toledo, who knocked off Central last night. They seem to play at a slower pace this season with more ball control.

The schedule worked out favorably this season in that we have both Toledo and NIU at home. With already having won MAC West games at Eastern and Western, UB should be in good shape if we take care of our home games. A very tough stretch in early February starting with at Central but the three big games immediately following are at home to Toledo, Kent and Central.

12 hours ago, rma said:

Since UB gets possession of the ball after the technical FTs are taken there is no contesting for any missed FTs awarded for the common foul. Therefore, the common foul shots are taken first and all the players remain behind. As for the refs not seeing Cierra get hit in the head - no one should be surprised since MAC women's game refs in general (but especially Felicia Young) are atrocious. 

Edited by ubfan75
typo