Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Final Four Team ???

ATL92

I would agree with that. Its always going to be blue tinted glasses on the UB board but this team is so deep in the sense that the entire starting 5 plus a few off the bench can bring it the entire game every night. When they are on they are so good. If these guys are motivated and playing to ability there is no reason they can't be at least Sweet 16. And no reason they can't pull a Butler or VCU and get a tad further.

Cbball is such a mental grind sometimes. So many conference games in a short period. Its a battle regardless of your con. Thats why the NIU game is certainly blip if it in fact jolts the Bulls a bit and gets them motivated again. By that I mean throttle a few teams in a row like we should be.

Any just in case some one doesnt want to click the link... I totally agree with Bilas here.

9. Buffalo Bulls

This team is legit. With top scorer and shooter CJ Massinburg, lefty wing Jeremy Harris and super-sub Nick Perkins, the Bulls can beat anyone. Until they tripped at Northern Illinois on Tuesday, the only loss for Buffalo was at Marquette, when Markus Howard turned into a video game. The Bulls might not lose again until the postseason. If there is a non-Power 5 team (other than Gonzaga) that can reach the Final Four, look no further than Buffalo.

• Like 2

There's absolutely no reason why Buffalo couldn't get hot and make a run come March. I wouldn't predict them making the Final Four because it's incredibly difficult to do but it's certainly possible.

The NCAA Tournament is as much about your draw as it is your talent. If UB can get past the opening weekend, anything is possible depending on what upsets and matchups present themselves. Just ask Loyola or any other Cinderella about that.

10 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

There's absolutely no reason why Buffalo couldn't get hot and make a run come March. I wouldn't predict them making the Final Four because it's incredibly difficult to do but it's certainly possible.

The NCAA Tournament is as much about your draw as it is your talent. If UB can get past the opening weekend, anything is possible depending on what upsets and matchups present themselves. Just ask Loyola or any other Cinderella about that.

That's the funny thing about this year though. If they keep up their play, you literally can't call us a Cinderella because we'll be a high seed.

• Like 1

If they play like they were earlier this season?  Sure.  If they play like the last few games, they probably get bounced in the first round.  Single elimination tournaments and playoffs are not about finding the BEST teams.  The final four is rarely made of the 4 best teams in the country.  Was Loyola Chicago one of the 4 best teams last season?  Of course not.  They were, however, one of the four best over 4 games in March last year, and that's all it takes.