Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BrooklynBull

ESPN3 vs. ESPN+

When streaming ESPN3 the stream is constant without any freezes in the stream.  An ESPN+ game the stream will freeze for a few seconds and the pick up right where it was.  As a result for the NIU I got to the point where I was about 4 minutes behind what was actually happening, when i started off live.  I had to end the stream and go back on to get to the live action.  This occurs in multiple locations so WiFi is not the issue.

Anyone else have this issue?

I didn't have any problems this week, but sometimes if my internet freezes for a moment (or several), it will pick up where it leaves off. At least that way, I don't lose any game action, so I would consider it a plus...just have to stay off of twitter during the games so I don't get any spoilers!

Sounds like a temporary bandwidth issue more than a platform issue.

I have my complaints about ESPN+ and ESPNU but typically those freezes are on our end, not theirs

Happens to me here and there but not super frequently. I just can’t look at my phone as the feed usually gets behind a little and the espn update for half and final are usually pretty accurate 

My bigger complaint (that I've made many times now) is that I pay for ESPN+ yet can't watch ESPN3 games 😞

29 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

My bigger complaint (that I've made many times now) is that I pay for ESPN+ yet can't watch ESPN3 games 😞

You have to watch ESPN3 games through the Watch ESPN app and ESPN+ is through the ESPN App.