Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Raymond Hawkins

trueblue32

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I wonder if he'll make his way to Cleveland to take in our games.

id assume not, being from Vegas. I think he'd have to be signed for us to allocate budget to that. 

He got his one official visit. 

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Good point.  He made it pretty clear that he plans on announcing his decision on 3/30.  The waiting is the hardest part.

That's national signing day. So I'm not sure if he's waiting until then to sign (but still verbal us) or to announce + sign. If it's the latter, I feel that the coaching staff would know. 

The team can't wait until then for him. They'd need to have a backup plan like Agee. 

8 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

That means he cannot sign until that day, hence National Signing Day.

Dear lord. Have you ever heard of a Verbal commit? Hence the site verbalcommits.com? He could verbal us prior to that and save the 3/30 date to SIGN for his dad, as I responded. 

Many of the teams on his list don’t have scholarships available and would have to wait for players to leave before he could officially sign. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Dear lord. Have you ever heard of a Verbal commit? Hence the site verbalcommits.com? He could verbal us prior to that and save the 3/30 date to SIGN for his dad, as I responded. 

Many of the teams on his list don’t have scholarships available and would have to wait for players to leave before he could officially sign. 

I mean, I know you like to bust BB's chops, but I think that BB was just making it clear that it's the official signing day. Verbal commits aren't fully binding, and even though it doesn't happen often, especially with basketball commits, we have lost "verbal commitments" in football in the past, as recently as the Lockport kid this past fall/winter. 

I'm most assuredly hoping to see a post similar to Noah's for Hawk soon!

Big week, let's enjoy it...Go Bulls!

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

That's national signing day. So I'm not sure if he's waiting until then to sign

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Your statement was wondering if he waiting until the 30th to sign.  My point was that he has no choice but to wait.

I have heard of verbal commits.  They are not worth the paper they are written on.

News has been slow lately but I figured this isn’t worth overlooking. This was tweeted a couple days ago and Hawkins suddenly retweeted it today. He’s been active on twitter during that time so I have a feeling he’s close to making his decision since he randomly retweeted a tweet that’s several days old.

Also going with this feeling, he posted this picture of himself with his mom at Niagara Falls. Either I’m reading too far into it or he’s giving hints.

7C3F2622-79E0-43E5-BF89-6C6DA81630BC.jpeg

410BB094-30E3-4660-9395-B8297E52D0F6.jpeg

1 hour ago, 961819 said:

He also just retweeted this everyone. This is from back in January, absolutely nothing about Arkansas to be seen on his twitter

Good catch. He's been pretty pro-Buffalo. He just lost his uncle too. 

I think he was waiting as long as he could, but I wouldn't be shocked if coach B made him verbal, or at least behind closed doors knew his decision. They'd have to quickly move on to someone like Agee if he picked Arkansas. 

It's really not "official" until 3/30 but basketball tends to hold its verbals if no major changes with coaching staffs/violations. 

Hawkins could still sign for his dad on 3/30. 

1 hour ago, mikescherrer8 said:

I think he's choosing us. He would flourish here and we're by far the more successful team of the 3. 

I mean I agree with you! I hope the coaching staff knows though because 3/30 is a long time to wait to potentially lose others. Lots of D1 is done with basketball this weekend and can focus on recruiting while the best of us have to still play. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I mean I agree with you! I hope the coaching staff knows though because 3/30 is a long time to wait to potentially lose others. Lots of D1 is done with basketball this weekend and can focus on recruiting while the best of us have to still play. 

But playing meaningful March basketball is our best recruiting pitch.