Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Raymond Hawkins

trueblue32

4 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

But playing meaningful March basketball is our best recruiting pitch.

I agree again, but in this case, he's picking between teams who are/generally do play too. 

I have to imagine we a very much in the running because Verbal Commits is normally all over any new updates/offers. We've gone quiet on the two from Chicago (Agee/T.Williams) since the Noah Williams/Hawkins visit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

They just offered another PF.

I really do think it's between ASU and UB. He didn't even visit Arkansas. 

Would add another layer of intrigue to our first round game if we get ASU. No telling if the result of that game would impact his decision at all, but a win definitely wouldn't hurt us. Possible double whammy for Hurley.

12 hours ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

Would add another layer of intrigue to our first round game if we get ASU. No telling if the result of that game would impact his decision at all, but a win definitely wouldn't hurt us. Possible double whammy for Hurley.

Almost posted this the other day but I hate having this game mean this much. Its just funny how Oats/Hurley are tied in to so many things here.

I hope he already knows which school hes going to but imagine if this match up decided this in his head. Ugh I don't wanna even think about it.

Id love to beat Hurley so bad and take a recruit. Just would be so sweet, but again I hate the distraction of it.

22 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

... Thats a quote from Hodgson. He says kids on the west coast. Plural. Could that be a hint.

I don’t think so.  Andre Allen (LA) signed earlier this year.  And, Noah Williams (Sea) made recently gave his verbal.   Couldn’t they make up the ‘plural’ that Hodgkin referred to?

Also, in context of recruiting reports, is Jeenathan considered to be from Rochester, or Napa?

Edited by 121Merrimac
Added Also

9 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I don’t think so.  Andre Allen (LA) signed earlier this year.  And, Noah Williams (Sea) made recently gave his verbal.   Couldn’t they make up the ‘plural’ that Hodgkin referred to?

Also, in context of recruiting reports, is Jeenathan considered to be from Rochester, or Napa?

Williams is considered to be from Rochester. But you could be right, maybe he meant Allen.  Definitely meant Noah.

14 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Don't forget about the "we JUST got commitments" part though. It very well could be Allen, but he committed a while ago. Often times a team will ask a player they've offered a scholarship to for an unofficial verbal behind closed doors so that they can get a gauge on whether they should expend their recruiting efforts elsewhere. The team doesn't go public with this info, they rightfully leave it to the player to make their announcement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Hodgson isn't going to drop hints and they aren't going to disclose anything suggesting Hawkins' decision. 3/30 is the day. 

Yeah we get it, 3/30, we can be hopeful though man

Edited by 961819

33 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Don't forget about the "we JUST got commitments" part though. It very well could be Allen, but he committed a while ago. Often times a team will ask a player they've offered a scholarship to for an unofficial verbal behind closed doors so that they can get a gauge on whether they should expend their recruiting efforts elsewhere. The team doesn't go public with this info, they rightfully leave it to the player to make their announcement.

I'm taking coaches RT of Hawkins as a sign. You dont RT that for your fans to watch him choose ASU.

He's said he already decided and is waiting till 3/30 for his dad. 

I think our staff knows what he's doing. 

Edited by Kevin