Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Raymond Hawkins

trueblue32

How do you guys see us using Hawkins if we do end up landing him? I haven’t seen much of anything in regards to him having any sort of jumpshot so will he be more of a replacement for when Perkins goes 1 on 1 down low with the other team’s big man?

18 minutes ago, 961819 said:

How do you guys see us using Hawkins if we do end up landing him? I haven’t seen much of anything in regards to him having any sort of jumpshot so will he be more of a replacement for when Perkins goes 1 on 1 down low with the other team’s big man?

100%

Between him and Allen our big play might actually not take a step back and have more "depth". I think Allen will be better than 2 years of McRae. Take that to the bank. 

Hawkins would step right in and replace 4 years of Perk. 

11 minutes ago, 961819 said:

From what I have seen, he is going to be a Javon McCrea type player, a real inside guy who dunks and lays the ball up, and goes up for the rebound. A true 5 player. Maybe his game evolves into a good jump shooter down the line or a sub 70% free throw shooter. But he'll be an inside guy who can compliment our relatively already deep guard depth next year. 

If we were to land him, I could see him and Andre Allen rotating and James Rojas getting in the mix in the starting lineup. 

3 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

From what I have seen, he is going to be a Javon McCrea type player, a real inside guy who dunks and lays the ball up, and goes up for the rebound. A true 5 player. Maybe his game evolves into a good jump shooter down the line or a sub 70% free throw shooter. But he'll be an inside guy who can compliment our relatively already deep guard depth next year. 

If we were to land him, I could see him and Andre Allen rotating and James Rojas getting in the mix in the starting lineup. 

Allen has already been told to be stepping right into the starting lineup, that's how they get a top 8 JUCO player to commit. Similar to Harris. 

Obviously, anything can happen in the fall, but he's already been told he's part of the starting 5 as oats finally lands an athletic true 4.

1 minute ago, xDerekRx said:

Just the other day I was worried about the chance that Hurley could beat us and take Hawkins. Just a day later we crushed Hurley and looks like Hawkins is coming. Id say all the signs are pointing in the right direction here.

The best in the business says he picks buffalo with 100% confidence, he has a 97% prediction rate. 

ASU doesn't have a scholarship (underrated factor) and he didn't visit Arkansas. 

UB promised day 1 action IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The best in the business says he picks buffalo with 100% confidence, he has a 97% prediction rate. 

ASU doesn't have a scholarship (underrated factor) and he didn't visit Arkansas. 

UB promised day 1 action IMO. 

Even last month there were a lot of hints and signs UB was his favorite. I think now its almost like the "worst kept secret" with the RTs by Oats. I know I shouldn't but at this point Im almost just expecting it and less waiting for it.

55 minutes ago, 961819 said:

The best part of all of this talent coming in is they are all great players obviously but they also all appear to be great people off the court as well. Won’t have any type of Quate McKinzie issues 

I forgot all about Quate. Hope he’s found himself and is in a good path. 

• Like 1

Nice interview with THE HAWK here. 

im not sure what you can glean from this other than he enjoyed his visit here and did not visit Arkansas. He also said he was going to see how the teams stacked up in the tourney so to the extent that’s a factor we’re good there.  

15 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

If this ain’t a sign. Even tho it says no commit. Just yet...hopefully.

If Hawkins commits to us first thing I want the training staff to do is get reallocate his weight from his midsection to his upper body.

Edited by DooleyBull06

42 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

I mean come on.... this dudes is coming here lol

If he didnt at this point it would be the greatest troll job ever

I hope you’re right lol, crazier things have happened though

14 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

If this ain’t a sign. Even tho it says no commit. Just yet...hopefully.

If Hawkins commits to us first thing I want the training staff to do is get reallocate his weight from his midsection to his upper body.

Same here, turn him into a monster