Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Raymond Hawkins

trueblue32

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

As do football players.  Sometimes the education offered by a school plays a role in why they accept an offer.

Yes, the QB who is leaving early for the draft obviously picked UB for the education!

11 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Why?  Tyree Jackson still came to Buffalo after Quinn was let go.

He had already signed his letter of intent. Completely different story. He felt the need to stay at the college he chose. Maybe because he had an easy avenue to the starting job with a bad QB room? That seems the most likely reason. 

A higher recruit who is still deciding what is right for him has a team lose their coach and main recruiting source leaves, it's safe to eliminate that team.  Let's assume he commits to a program without a coach on Saturday because he wants an Arkansas education.

Ask almost any player, the coach/staff is the main reason people commit and stay. Phillips leaves Ohio and they transfer their best players. Why didn't they consider their Ohio education?

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

He had not.  Quinn was let go mid-season in 2014.  Jackson did not sign until the following February.

http://ubbulls.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20150204o1zeuf

A verbal commitment is what I meant. He gave that to Buffalo on his unofficial visit. Good for him to come to a team with a bad QB room and taking an official visit and committing to the program because it was his best chance of playing time. Clearly, he still liked what he saw from LL and UB was his best offer and chance at PT. 

Hawkins hasn't given a verbal commitment. Why would he give one to a team without a coach or recruiting staff? If he wanted Arkansas I think you would see a delay in the announcement and wait for that situation to clear up. 

No matter of the usual semantics of our threads, sought after players with multiple offers choose coaching staffs and 99% of players will tell you that. It's between Buffalo and ASU now (the places he visited) with Buffalo having the very strong leg up. 

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

Fantastic

Wouldn’t shock me if he went there. I think it was pretty obvious he was coming here. Wouldn’t shock me if he and Noah Williams went there. 

Noah is “committed” but when there’s a coaching change players can get granted release.

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Wouldn’t shock me if he went there. I think it was pretty obvious he was coming here. Wouldn’t shock me if he and Noah Williams went there. 

Noah is “committed” but when there’s a coaching change players can get granted release.

Doesn't need it. He didnt sign anything. 

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Then there you go. He’s as good as gone. The longer we take to hire a coach the worse it will get in terms of players leaving

Coach B is gone IMO. You dont offer out that quickly.

I'm guessing its Whitesell's job to lose