Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ticket situation

rma

It's clear that ranking, and snowstorms impact attendance, but what else?  Are more tickets sold in February, than are sold in December?  Do more people attend a Saturday afternoon game, or a Tuesday evening game?  I looked at the UB Men's Basketball attendance for all home games played in Alumni Arena going back to the start of the 2001-2002 season, to see if there was anything to learn.  And, here it is:

245 Total games, with an Average attendance of 3055.

3 Weekday day games, with an Average attendance of 1873.

115 Weekday night games, with an Average attendance of 2724.

69 Weekend day games, with an Average attendance of 3198.

58 Weekend night games, with an Average attendance of 3604.

(You guessed it, Mon, Tue, Wed & Thur are Weekdays.   But, you might not guess that I used a start time of 4:30 as the barrier between Day and Night.)

MBB attendance in Alumni.jpg

4 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Merrimac, are you suggesting the the Bulls should wait until dark to hold their games?

Not really, I understand that that is more difficult for families.  I was just sharing what I found.  This year is proving that people will  come out at any time. So far we’ve seen...

9 games averaging 4689.

5 weekday games averaging 3946. (one was a day game, another was a snow day)

3 weekend day games averaging 5426.  (one drew over 6k)

1 weekend night game which drew 6193.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:23 PM, bull_trojan said:

I wonder how many of these are scheduled Friday night and how many are TV moved...because if TV is moving, that means you're good.

Good point.  Everything I've provided so far has been based on end of season schedules.  I just looked at the Friday night games, and compared them with the pre-season schedules.

Senior night will be the 18th Friday night game (since 2002.  15th since 2011).  It will be the 4th time BGSU plays at UB on Friday night.  So far, UB has a 13-4 record overall  (12-2 since 2011).

Only 5 of these game were moved to Fri night for tv.  The first being a 83-89 loss to Akron in front of 6598 on Feb 24th 2017.  The Bulls have won the last 4 games moved to Fri night (including EMU & Kent this year).

Edited by 121Merrimac
Akron game was Feb 24th 2017, not 244th