Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

This is why we’ll be great again

UB85

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/25/ub-basketball-nate-oats-cj-massinburg-mac-northern-illinois-bowling-green-kent-state-2019/

Not sure how many of you saw this article. But in my opinion Nate Oats once again hits the nail squarely on the head. The man always gets it. Always! It is just so darn hard to maintain you’re focus and mental edge for each game of a 29-30 game season. The noise about top 25, top 10 net, this player hitting this milestone and that player hitting a different milestone and all the accordant praise and media attention just tugs against all the things Earnec the praise and attention in the first place. Nate knows it starts with playing harder and with more intensity than your opponent. If you do that, you then play better defense and rebound with a vengeance. Do those things and this team, as we’ve seen time and again, can roll MAC opponents. The key is getting back to that type of play. If you don’t recognize that you’ve strayed from those principles your struggles are bound to continue. Now they’re zeroed in on it, I expect some exciting basketball going forward. Go Bulls!

• Like 1

Awesome article. Oats is such a good coach. All I can say is let us, meaning the fans, worry about the rankings and the stats, you guys, being the players, just get back to the kind of basketball that won at Syracuse by 12 or won the Goliath bracket.

We know what this team can be, let's get back to it.

• Like 1