Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ball State @ #18 UB (1/29 - 7:00pm ET)

Jeseph

Coach on the radio this morning said Graves didn't practice yesterday and isn't looking likely to play tomorrow.  Great opportunity for the younger guys to play more minutes.  Maybe Caruthers starts but call me crazy I would start Williams.  Lets him play with the upperclassmen (where he can play within the flow of the game) and still come off the bench with Perk and Caruthers.  

All that said I expect Alumni to be finally rocking and the team to come out and really play solid. i expect a double digit win.  

I’m feeling a big win tomorrow too. Ball state won’t be any pushover but alumni should be rocking, we are still ranked top 20, it’s time to give the crowd a good show. 

Anybody know exactly what’s wrong with graves? Sucks he won’t be good to go but I’d rather he get healthy because we will definitely need him down the line. As Dooley said this is a great time to get those younger guys minutes. It’s not that they’re bad but they’re young and the better they can get will really help out our depth and take us to new heights 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weareub46 said:

I’m feeling a big win tomorrow too. Ball state won’t be any pushover but alumni should be rocking, we are still ranked top 20, it’s time to give the crowd a good show. 

Anybody know exactly what’s wrong with graves? Sucks he won’t be good to go but I’d rather he get healthy because we will definitely need him down the line. As Dooley said this is a great time to get those younger guys minutes. It’s not that they’re bad but they’re young and the better they can get will really help out our depth and take us to new heights 

Graves got his ankle rolled under in the 1st part of the Kent game on Friday. I assume that is what the problem is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Coach on the radio this morning said Graves didn't practice yesterday and isn't looking likely to play tomorrow.  Great opportunity for the younger guys to play more minutes.  Maybe Caruthers starts but call me crazy I would start Williams.  Lets him play with the upperclassmen (where he can play within the flow of the game) and still come off the bench with Perk and Caruthers.  

All that said I expect Alumni to be finally rocking and the team to come out and really play solid. i expect a double digit win.  

Crazy.

• Haha 1

The weather forecasters are calling for some nasty winter snow, wind, and cold over the next couple of days. Hope it doesn’t impact tomorrow’s attendance. 

When will Ball St arrive for the game? Tonight or tomorrow?

When will the Bulls leave for Friday’s Bowling Green game?

50 minutes ago, squire17 said:

The weather forecasters are calling for some nasty winter snow, wind, and cold over the next couple of days. Hope it doesn’t impact tomorrow’s attendance. 

When will Ball St arrive for the game? Tonight or tomorrow?

When will the Bulls leave for Friday’s Bowling Green game?

I would guess that Ball St. should be in buffalo already. They should have gotten into this afternoon and had an evening shoot around.

I would expect us to leave Thursday early afternoon and get an evening shoot around in at BGSU. I would also think that’s a bus trip. So hopefully roads aren’t bad.

If the public can’t make tomorrow’s game that’s more room for the students ;)

• Like 1

Weather is going to be bad, parking is going to be bad.  Get there early.

The email sent out by UB athletics is incorrect (unless you plan on arriving late or getting your car ticketed).  The Bookstore Lot has a one hour limit enforced from 8am to 8pm.  The game starts at 7pm (the time in the title of this post is also incorrect @Jeseph).

Park in the Furnas lot or Jarvis lot if the Furnas lot is full.  It's about the same walk as any of the Baird/Slee "A" lots (Furnas) or the Jacobs lots (Jarvis) and you won't have to fight traffic.

1 hour ago, rma said:

The email sent out by UB athletics is incorrect (unless you plan on arriving late or getting your car ticketed).  The Bookstore Lot has a one hour limit enforced from 8am to 8pm.  The game starts at 7pm (the time in the title of this post is also incorrect @Jeseph).

Park in the Furnas lot or Jarvis lot if the Furnas lot is full.  It's about the same walk as any of the Baird/Slee "A" lots (Furnas) or the Jacobs lots (Jarvis) and you won't have to fight traffic.

There is no way that the Jarvis lot is even close to the same distance as the Baird/Slee lots. 

It might be on par with like the Jacobs A/B lots. I've walked them all a bunch.

Missing traffic is one thing, I'm sure its better for that, but there is no way in the -5 degrees that the extra walk is worth it. 

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

There is no way that the Jarvis lot is even close to the same distance as the Baird/Slee lots. 

It might be on par with like the Jacobs A/B lots. I've walked them all a bunch.

Missing traffic is one thing, I'm sure its better for that, but there is no way in the -5 degrees that the extra walk is worth it. 

Furnas is the same walk as the A lots (closer to Augspurger), Jarvis is the same as the Jacobs lots.  The B lots (closer to Baird/Slee) are obviously less of a walk, but likely will be filled with non-basketball people 

If you really wanted to, you could also walk inside from the SU to Baird.

I think the mindset of the team will likely be "relief".  They survived (no other word for it) in Kent on Friday.  It could have gone the other way, but some strong play towards the end won it for the team.

Now...they've haven't played in three days and don't have to travel.  Good news as well -- the loss to NIU, which could have knocked them out of the polls, cost them only four spots.  At large is still in play.   And now the students are there and the place will be loud.

Other than Graves' injury, there is a lot to like about UB's chances tonight for a strong performance. 

I could be wrong (because you never know), but I would think it is likely that UB puts in a performance tonight reminiscent of earlier in the year.

Go Bulls.

Edited by UB92
typo

I love all these post about traffic and parking. This is stuff that was never an issue in my UB days lol.

In all seriousness I hope the weather doesn’t prevent the general public from coming out but maybe if they don’t show up that could mean AA allows more students in??? What better way to spend a snow day right?

Edited by DooleyBull06

13 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I would guess that Ball St. should be in buffalo already. They should have gotten into this afternoon and had an evening shoot around.

I would expect us to leave Thursday early afternoon and get an evening shoot around in at BGSU. I would also think that’s a bus trip. So hopefully roads aren’t bad.

If the public can’t make tomorrow’s game that’s more room for the students 😉

It seems like by Thursday it will still be cold and blustery but not much new snow falling. 

11 hours ago, rma said:

I hope the school tells Campus Police to lay off the ticketing on game days. What  better way to turn off potential fans than tell them parking is free then hit them with a ticket.