Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ball State @ #18 UB (1/29 - 7:00pm ET)

Jeseph

Hoping that they let in any students that show up (and public, to be honest). We know there’s going to be empty seats because of weather, oversell it.  This isn’t “there’s snow, a few people might not show” - a bunch of schools have closed the next two days already.

3 hours ago, Jeseph said:

I really hope we don't have a home game advantage essentially taken away by weather. Our schedule already sucked for student participation 😞

Can’t the students get a shuttle from the dorm to the game and then back? Probably not. Oh well, I’m watching the talking heads on TV. They’re giving all the worst case scenarios: Life threatening, blizzard conditions...wait until Thursday or Friday...

Still debating whether to head out there tonight.

38 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Amherst wasn’t too bad. Got to the arena with minimal problem. I’m just afraid to see what I’m going to come out to after the game.

Dominic Johnson and Jayvon Graves are both warming up. No boot for Dominic and he’s dunking. 

Graves is in the starting 5 according to the UB men’s basketball Twitter handle. Kinda shocked. But we are at full strength. Go Bulls!

1 hour ago, BasketBull said:

Amherst wasn’t too bad. Got to the arena with minimal problem. I’m just afraid to see what I’m going to come out to after the game.

Dominic Johnson and Jayvon Graves are both warming up. No boot for Dominic and he’s dunking. 

Wow, I was thinking, 'why mention Johnson's injury status, when Graves is the one who plays', but here we are, and Dom is in the game !

11 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

... but here we are, and Dom is in the game !

bull_trojan has even more combinations to track.

Unrelated to Dom, but I might track the number of games each player wears the same sneakers.  I feel like most players are on their 3rd or 4th pair of the season already.  Seems fun, but excessive...

19 minutes ago, ubmae86 said:

The TV commercial they just had for UB ear pretty good. It's really great to see our University getting publicity for sports, but all the other things we do should get publicity too.

A: power outage = longer UB commercials = good

B: other commercials are about downed power lines = comical

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, UBminicre said:

How do the the main stands look?

About average, maybe a little better, than a normal weekday game the past few years.

It looks like the #18 ranking and the massive snow storm shutting down Erie county have canceled each other out. 

22 minutes ago, rma said:

About average, maybe a little better, than a normal weekday game the past few years.

It looks like the #18 ranking and the massive snow storm shutting down Erie county have canceled each other out. 

That sucks, but that's Western NY in a nutshell...