Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Cierra Dillard Projected WNBA Draft status

ATL92

7 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Not much.  That is why a lot of the players, even the first rounders and stars, play overseas in the WNBA off season.  The need the second jobs to be able to afford to live.

I knew the top players go over seas.  But I seem to recall the top WNBA players make something like $75k.  Which makes me wonder if second or third round players can make a living.  If they are on par with recent college grad starting salaries it would be one thing but if getting drafted only means $15k, then it would seem more like an accomplishment to hang on your wall and not really utilize.

That’s sad about the WNBA... but great for Cierra and the university. I’m assuming this would be the first UB woman to be drafted. Everything helps this upward trend for the school. First with Khalil getting drafted so high, then the success with the basketball teams last year and potentially draft picks from football, men’s and women’s basketball this year. Keep it rollin 

• Like 1