Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

EMU @ UB - Sept. 15 - 6:00pm (ESPN+)

Jeseph

• Jeseph pinned this topic

Should be a tough game.  If I recall correctly, EMU has beaten UB nearly every time they've played each other in the MAC.  I think UB won a home game a few years ago.

Does anyone know the difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+     I have the WatchESPN app...is that all I need to see the game?

1 hour ago, zigo230 said:

Should be a tough game.  If I recall correctly, EMU has beaten UB nearly every time they've played each other in the MAC.  I think UB won a home game a few years ago.

Does anyone know the difference between ESPN3 and ESPN+     I have the WatchESPN app...is that all I need to see the game?

ESPN3/WatchESPN is free.  ESPN+ requires a $4.95 per month subscription, with a seven day free trial.

What I had thought would be an easy win prior to the season, has become one of the tougher matchups for UB.

Their QB Wiegers had over 312 yards on only 20/28.  That is pretty impressive.  That is efficiency.  EMU didn't have much of a run game against Purdue.  As a team, they only got 69 yards on 31 carries.  I like our secondary so it'll be a good matchup EMU's air attack.  I've been pretty encouraged by our DL.  They held their own against a good temple OL.  We should be able to stop their run game.  Maybe not keep them under 100 yards, but we should be able to keep them under 150.

Purdue only managed 135 through the air.  Not sure if this was due to their inability to throw or their proficiency to run.  They amassed 341 yards on 42 carries. 8.1 yards/carry.  Looks like a bunch of RBs had huge runs.  Longs of 45, 32 and 53 yards.  Our offense should be able to move the ball freely here.  Last week was Kevin Marks breakout game, but maybe he really goes off Saturday.

I've noticed that BTN has the replay of games in 60 minutes.  Really entertaining way to watch football, so I'll try to catch both the Rutgers game and EMU game on replay this week.

I think we win this game Saturday.  Don't think it'll be as tight as the spread.  Predict 34-24

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
10 hours ago, weareub46 said:

Took me forever to find it still...espn+ seems pretty raw still but I got it thanks. 

I know they looked at Osborn on that last td to see if he stayed in but I'm not sure tyree was behind the line of scrimmage when he threw it. 

Still so glad we got this win. Let's take it to Rutgers. 3-0!

I thought the same at first but without the digital markers I think the "stick" that was clearly visible was the original LOS, either way - I'll take a free TD 😉

• Jeseph pinned this topic
  • Jeseph unpinned this topic