Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Big 4 Update: Buffalo facing first dose of adversity

LINK: Big 4 Update: Buffalo facing first dose of adversity this season

Hey guys, 

In this week's Big 4 Update, I address the Bulls recent loss vs. Bowling Green, where I expect them to land in the polls and why it's important for them to battle some adversity heading into March.

It's never fun to lose but these games will help UB entering tournament play. Players like Dontay Caruthers have stepped up with Jeremy Harris and Nick Perkins struggling.

If anything, I expect the Bulls to be a stronger unit moving forward as a result. As far as the polls are concerned, I'm not sure what to expect on Monday. Buffalo will most likely drop out of the rankings. Despite that, I still think they're safely on the right side of the bubble conversation with Joe Lunardi having them easily in.

I address their recent stretch of games and more in this week's Big 4 Update!

LINK: Big 4 Update: Buffalo facing first dose of adversity this season

34 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

More importantly, let’s watch Kent/Akron on next...

Can they both lose? Most arrogant fans in MAC. Take your pick for worst. Kent more talented team, but struggling with Akron’s pace of play and defense.  

Typical Kent team. Face adversity and fold like a cheap suit. Walker was miserable all night long. They got tired playing against Akron’s defense and stopped competing. Meanwhile Akron hung in there. When Kent folded their tent they started dropping shots left and right. They’ll be fired up Tuesday night when we visit. Our guys best be prepared. But gotta win tomorrow first. Go UB!

Edited by UB85

6 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Curiously are there any other sites that would be good for the conference championship?

Indianapolis?

Detroit?

Chicago?

Fort Wayne?

Kalamazoo?

IMO Cleveland is the best choice. It’s the most regional location for most MAC schools and most importantly it’s only a 3 hour drive from buffalo.

Let’s put the zippies and Kent to bed by crushing them. No worries about home court advantage then. Personally I like Cleveland. After all that’s where the UB program has made its mark in the last several years. Detroit would be my second choice.