Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

CMU @ #23 UB (2/9 - 3:30pm ET)

Kevin

UB's only game of the week.

Very important to come in focused and beat them big.

CMU doesn't play any defense but can score with the best of them. 

Both teams on bye, very unlucky because UB has to play THREE teams off of byes (BG- lost, CMU, and Toledo).

• Jeseph pinned this topic
6 hours ago, weareub46 said:

This is just the kind of week we need to get back on track. Let’s put it together Saturday. Consistent effort on D, get Harris back on track and for the love of god MAKE OUR FREE THROWS 

Among other issues Id like to see those 3 things as well... D playing 40 minutes (id honestly take 30 good minutes), Harris with a big game and a nice FT %.

40 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

For a number of reasons this has quickly turned into not only a must-win but must-win-big game...

If we limit turnovers, rebound and play solid defense the rest should take care of itself. I feel the team will come out hungry bc of the week off. And being at home will be a boost. I expect a double digit win. But more importantly the start of getting back to UB basketball. Blue collar. Go Bulls!

Looking like Dontay wont be playing (was in a boot today) and that Perkins could be facing a 1 game team suspension after his behavior after the BG game. 

He has been running with the scout team and all indications are that he is supposed to sit. Could Oats change that with Dontay out? 

IMG_5490.jpeg

Edited by Kevin
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Looking like Dontay wont be playing (was in a boot today) and that Perkins could be facing a 1 game team suspension after his behavior after the BG game. 

He has been running with the scout team and all indications are that he is supposed to sit. Could Oats change that with Dontay out? 

IMG_5490.jpeg

Jfjsjdjsjshdhs!

What did Perk do at BG? And what’s wrong with Dontay? I heard Oats on the radio this afternoon and he didn’t mention anything?

Edited by DooleyBull06

2 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

What did Perk do at BG? And what’s wrong with Dontay? I heard Oats on the radio this afternoon and he didn’t mention anything?

Not sure of his exact actions, I'm assuming Oats would address it tomorrow. I'll be covering the game tomorrow so ill see if i can find out more.

Dontay hurt his foot a week ago. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Not sure of his exact actions, I'm assuming Oats would address it tomorrow. I'll be covering the game tomorrow so ill see if i can find out more.

Dontay hurt his foot a week ago. 

Crap! For a team that hasn’t olayed in a week this is the worst news. 

Perk could have a big game tomorrow too. CMU has no size. 

Hope Dontay gets back sooner rather than later. 

Alright, no action yet on this game day, and a home game to boot. Is it me or does it seem like we play a game at home and then 3 on the road? What’s wrong with you folks out there? Time to get fired up! Let’s freaking goooo!!

A little news. It seems Dontay injured himself last Sunday. He hasn’t practiced, but he’s made progress and could very well play. Game time decision. Watch him during warm ups and you’ll likely get a decent indication of what will happen. 

Perk must have let the inner knucklehead come out somewhere along the line. It appears there will be some form of discipline. No idea what happened. So that’s the bad news. The good? Well he hasn’t been ruled out either. Would expect a late entry into game, perhaps second half. 

Go Bulls!!

Edited by UB85

1 hour ago, 121Merrimac said:

Doubleheaders are fun. 

Also, UB wrestling beat CMU yesterday, so that’s a great precursor to the Central MissAgain game. 

CENTRAL MISS AGAIN. Man I love that so much. Brings me back to my student days, thanks for reminding me. 

Also....GAME DAYYYY

I’d really rather they sat caruthers and let him get healthy for an insane next week but last time I said that about graves and he played and looked fine so I trust the coaching staff. 

Only caught the last 6 minutes of the BG game so I wonder what happened with Perk. I’m all for proper discipline and that can’t be tolerated but if they do decide to let him in for the 2nd half I bet he would go off. He’s great coming off the bench, imagine him having to sit the entire half and then coming on the court haha. New strategy? 🤔

Lets crush these guys 

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Looks like Dontay will play, Perk will not. 

Nick Perkins is not suspended and will dress for UB’s game today, per team sources. Was on scout team during shootaround and could have minutes reduced due to violation of team rules.

PER same source, Jonah Bronstein 

9 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Nick Perkins is not suspended and will dress for UB’s game today, per team sources. Was on scout team during shootaround and could have minutes reduced due to violation of team rules.

PER same source, Jonah Bronstein 

His exact wording. Still not sure how "suspended he could be" this same thing happened to Reese at Canisius and it spiraled out of control. 

We’ve seen Nick for 4 years. We’ve seen some out of control “knucklehead” moments during that time. However on balance he has been an excellent teammate and citizen. Comparing him and Reese is a mistake. For Reese, it’s all about him. From what I know about that situation he’s been putting his interests over the team. He had a heated exchange with Reggie and is likely out the entire season. Based on Nick’s history I expect him to bounce back from whatever indiscretion he committed. Go Bulls!

Edited by UB85