Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

CMU @ #23 UB (2/9 - 3:30pm ET)

Kevin

52 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Yep. I wish badly that Jordan could make FTs.  He's very important out there but we could see "hack a shaq" the way his FT % has been. We definitely are the best team in league when at full tilt. Sometimes they forget that they have to bring the intensity and that the other team is just going to roll over to them...not gonna happen! 

Jordan has been consistent last year and this. He comes out strong with a high level of confidence and plays great out of the gate. It seems he loses his confidence as the year goes on and plays more timid. I think it’s a confidence issue with him. Today his first FT was textbook beautiful with a nice extended arm and the ball rolling off his fingertips for a beautiful swish. His next shot was short armed and rather than shooting it was more of a throw at the hoop. He can do it. He needs to believe in himself. 

Edited by UB85
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Jordan has been consistent last year and this. He comes out strong with a high level of confidence and plays great out of the gate. It seems he loses his confidence as the year goes on and plays more timid. I think it’s a confidence issue with him. Today his first FT was textbook beautiful with a nice extended arm and the ball rolling off his fingertips for a beautiful swish. His next shot was short armed and rather than shooting it was more of a throw at the hoop. He can do it. He needs to believe in himself. 

I'm certain that he can do it. He has made some big 3s throughout the year, but the FTs have been a problem all season. Additionally, Kudos to Nate and staff for the benching of Perk. I'm not sure what happened, but obviously it warranted punishment. I'm sure that he looked down the bench at times during that first half when the team was struggling and wanted to put him in, but they stuck to their guns and held him out.  The staff has been great all season long and I most assuredly am behind them and their process.

Additionally, great win by the women today! Congrats to FLJ and staff. HUGE game next Saturday. I hope that people come out to watch that one...2 top 25 RPI teams!

• Like 2

Perk was up in the bench cheering his teammates during the first half. He sat next to the coaches. When you go temporarily hay wire and get justified discipline it’s easy, see Isiah Reese at Canisius, to have the “woe is me” syndrome and really regress. Much to his credit Perk did just the opposite and played a terrific second half. Kudos to Perk!!

i did notice during our great run in the second half that all those sitting out due to incoming transfers and the end of the bench were up cheering. Meanwhile McRae, Graves, Williams, Segu, and Fagan were sitting in their on their hands. Just noticed it the one time. Hope it is not a sign of disgruntlement. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401088518

Apparently Perkins violated team rules in the locker room after the BG game. So maybe he damage property and the university was responsible for paying for it?

Either way he took his medicine and responded. Very mature of him to do so. 

As for today we showed how bad we can be and how great we can be. We got the win, still a long way to go and a lot to clean up. We are gonna get everyone’s max effort so we have to fight complacency and bring max intensity. When we do so no one can be us in the MAC.

Big road games this week. Really hope we beat Akron to get to the Toledo game which is shaping up to be ginormous. Btw Toledo is on their “bye” this week. 

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

I'm certain that he can do it. He has made some big 3s throughout the year, but the FTs have been a problem all season. Additionally, Kudos to Nate and staff for the benching of Perk. I'm not sure what happened, but obviously it warranted punishment. I'm sure that he looked down the bench at times during that first half when the team was struggling and wanted to put him in, but they stuck to their guns and held him out.  The staff has been great all season long and I most assuredly am behind them and their process.

Additionally, great win by the women today! Congrats to FLJ and staff. HUGE game next Saturday. I hope that people come out to watch that one...2 top 25 RPI teams!

Great wins by both men and women. Another great game by Dillard scoring and in and distributing the ball especially to Hemphill. Still going to be tough in the upcoming games when they get no scoring from their point guard and not a good game from Morrison. Central Michigan coming in next Sat will put big time pressure on Dillard so other players will have to step up big time. Hope some of the fans that showed up early will come back for the women’s game next Sat. One of the keys will be to limit Reyna Frost of Central. The coaching strategy has to change. Go Bulls!!!!

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
On 2/9/2019 at 11:14 PM, John said:

Great wins by both men and women. Another great game by Dillard scoring and in and distributing the ball especially to Hemphill. Still going to be tough in the upcoming games when they get no scoring from their point guard and not a good game from Morrison. Central Michigan coming in next Sat will put big time pressure on Dillard so other players will have to step up big time. Hope some of the fans that showed up early will come back for the women’s game next Sat. One of the keys will be to limit Reyna Frost of Central. The coaching strategy has to change. Go Bulls!!!!

Having an outside shooter changes the visiting teams willingness to pack in their players down low to prevent easy baskets by Cierra and Morrison. This is why Courtney is so valuable when she is hitting her three's. The mystery is why Hannah Hall sometimes refuses to shoot, especially 3s since she is often in position and her mechanics are very good. 

43 minutes ago, ubfan75 said:

Having an outside shooter changes the visiting teams willingness to pack in their players down low to prevent easy baskets by Cierra and Morrison. This is why Courtney is so valuable when she is hitting her three's. The mystery is why Hannah Hall sometimes refuses to shoot, especially 3s since she is often in position and her mechanics are very good. 

Speaking of outside shooting...

Jeremy has done other things well like rebound but we need more consistency from the outside.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Speaking of outside shooting...

Jeremy has done other things well like rebound but we need more consistency from the outside.

Rebounding is nice, but if he's going 2-9 every game from 3, it's wasted possessions if we don't get the rebound, may affect team morale, and may affect flow of the game. Also, it hurts Jeremy's confidence. There is more to his game than just chucking up 3 pointers. He has the ability to get inside and get layups and shoot mid range shots, and also forcing fouls to get to the free throw line.

3 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Rebounding is nice, but if he's going 2-9 every game from 3, it's wasted possessions if we don't get the rebound, may affect team morale, and may affect flow of the game. Also, it hurts Jeremy's confidence. There is more to his game than just chucking up 3 pointers. He has the ability to get inside and get layups and shoot mid range shots, and also forcing fouls to get to the free throw line.

Agreed. If he’s not feeling it from outside then he has to use his other abilities and get to the rim. Drive and score or drive and dish. He’s not just a shooter. We keep saying he will come around but this has been a season long issue. 

If we all want to do as well as we can, and I know everyone does, it is absolutely essential the Harris get his shooting touch back. It is a confidence issue now. When he's open he MUST shoot. Getting his confidence back will necessarily require him to see the ball leaving his finger tips and going through the hoop. The key is know before he gets the ball that he will have a good opportunity and when he catches to fire away.