Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Crowdfunding Campaign

BrooklynBull

UB has started a new crowdfunding campaign for football to purchase a new Snap Attack Passing Machine.

You can donate here: https://www.ubhornsup.com/project/11239

Remember if you become a first time donor you become a booster and are covered by NCAA Rules.  For the impact of being a donor please read EVERYTHING at the following link. http://ubbulls.com/compliance/boosters

• 2 weeks later...

A person who sees a problem is a human being; a person who finds a solution is visionary; and the person who goes out and does something about it is an entrepreneur. -  Naveen Jain

Does this attempt look like the act of a true entrepreneur?  As yes college football is a business that should be run by an entrepreneur.   

4 hours ago, BrandedBull said:

A person who sees a problem is a human being; a person who finds a solution is visionary; and the person who goes out and does something about it is an entrepreneur. -  Naveen Jain

Does this attempt look like the act of a true entrepreneur?  As yes college football is a business that should be run by an entrepreneur.   

I guess this means that the people in charge are visionary entrepreneurs.  They found a solution to a problem and went out did something about it.

Branded...What kind of fundraising would you like to see?

I don' t dislike crowdfunding, it's a tool in the toolbox, and I agree with Millennium that it is probably seen as a way to attract new donors and to start building those donors towards becoming regular contributors.   

I dislike OUR crowdfunding attempts because I feel they miss the spirit of the crowdfund which I feel is funding a shared good...there is already a mechanism to crowdfund for Football's needs, the excellence fund.

But if you were like we need $50k to bring Kelly Clarkson to the homecoming tailgate series, or something like that, I feel that would be something perfect for crowdfunding.

My two major complaints about fundraising at UB are:

1) as a out of towner, is that fundraising rewards are all focused on being in Amherst. I assume most of our alumni are not close to Amherst, and I think that's an issue that really needs to be fixed.

2) most of our fundraising is focused on private good. VIP seats, fieldhouse no one can use, training rooms, refueling stations, locker rooms. One of these days it would be nice to focus on something the fans can actually use and enjoy (cough Stadium Track cough)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 2:08 PM, bull_trojan said:

"Imagine Alabama doing crowdfunding"

Don't have to, they did.  https://crowdfunding.ua.edu/project/8324

Again I don't get the embarrassment of this, I think it's good that they are doing things slightly outside the box and engaging the fans.

You're comparing the football program to band?c'mon now, read for context. 

It isa bit embarrassing - rich kids and hs football programs have snap attacks. My cheap ass gym that I pay $20/month for has a Jacobs ladder. But embarrassing or not, you do what you gotta do, so if it's working, hey, buck up and ignore the jabs. 

14 hours ago, ed said:

You're comparing the football program to band?c'mon now, read for context. 

It isa bit embarrassing - rich kids and hs football programs have snap attacks. My cheap ass gym that I pay $20/month for has a Jacobs ladder. But embarrassing or not, you do what you gotta do, so if it's working, hey, buck up and ignore the jabs. 

Alabama Football has enough money to buy their band 40k worth of instruments. The football program was apparently not concerned with the optics of their band begging for cash. 

10 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

Alabama Football has enough money to buy their band 40k worth of instruments. The football program was apparently not concerned with the optics of their band begging for cash. 

Right. Because it's for the BAND! The optics of marching band starts at "and one time, at band camp..." and doesn't go up from there, so begging doesn't hurt. 😆