Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Crowdfunding Campaign

BrooklynBull

On 11/1/2018 at 7:36 AM, Jeseph said:

Fundraising is literally crowdfunding. Every school does it. I'm not sure why people are so hung up on this campaign... simply because it was explicitly called "crowdfunding"?

it's the ticky-tack stuff they're asking money for. this is a d1 program making it sound like they don't have equipment that (again) rich kids and big high school programs have. 

On 11/1/2018 at 1:40 AM, ed said:

Right. Because it's for the BAND! The optics of marching band starts at "and one time, at band camp..." and doesn't go up from there, so begging doesn't hurt. 😆

You cannot possibly be this ignorant...there are FBS bands that have 7 figure budgets.  Ohio State and USC's bands are incredibly visible and highly regarded even outside of football fans. 

Any MEAC band has better optics than their football team.  Remember when Morgan State came here?  There's an entire FCS conference of (typically) bad football, and impressive bands.

seeing as the Bama Band crowd-fund raised 40k in under 2 weeks, I'd assume a lot of people have affinity for the band I'd say 99% of that would be attributed to their relationship with the football team.

If Bama went to their CFP game but said "the band couldn't afford to come to the game" Bama's fans would have a major problem with it.

13 hours ago, ed said:

Sorry band geek, but who other than band geeks even knows that a meac band is (apparently) a thing? 

Ok, I had to look it up - ooooh, ok, your talking black colleges. Yea, ok, sure, they're cool, especially the drumlines. So there's a small band exception. 

Doesn't change the overall point though. nd that you had to drag the likes of delaware state football to show the relevance of band to football REALLY shows how embarrassing this is. 

You're making it a bigger deal than it really is. It's pretty clear that you're just finding things to complain about.

You need to relax.

48 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

You went a little too far there, ed.  The name calling is uncalled for.

ha, c'mon now, band geek is too far?  and there was that thread a few years back about why there's not much of a community here... poking fun is practically a requirement for a vibrant affinity community.  ;D

31 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

You're making it a bigger deal than it really is. It's pretty clear that you're just finding things to complain about.

You need to relax.

i think you misunderstand - i think it's hillarious.  not in a good way, but hillarious none the less.