Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Alumni Arena Jams

rma

24 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Call me crazy but instead of artificial noise how about the band step up and play some stuff other than the fight song.

Don't know how it works now, but at least a few years ago game day ops would tell us what timeouts we could play.  The "Mighty Taco" spirit timeout (now Tully's) would always be fight song, let's go Buffalo, cowbell.  Now it appears that they added our fourth spirit song, the wobble, to the mix.  Otherwise we could play whatever was next on the list, unless it was an opposing coach's timeout, which would be fight song only.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rma said:

Post your favorite family friendly hype tunes played in alumni arena to get the fans pumped up coming out of a time out

I’m watching the Houston Cincinnati game and the Houston band just played Mo Bamba. Our band must do this. On the following dead ball they played music. Point I’m making is there should never be silence during a dead ball and I prefer the band take the lead rather than music that may not be to everyone’s taste. 

PS I’m not some older fuddy duddy. And I like rap lol.

8 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Not familiar with why R&R Pt 2 has been pulled. 

Check Gary Glitter's Wikipedia.

These suggestions are fun but the band director has a history of being... less then open to suggestion. TBH, they adopted the cowbell tradition but that seemed more like they wanted to own it instead of letting True Blue get the credit 🤷🏻‍♂️(maybe I'm just salty).

14 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Not familiar with why R&R Pt 2 has been pulled. 

I'd rather play that than have Hammerhead by The Offspring be played at a game vs NIU (2011 football I want to say we played it in the stands).  Great band, decent song, however some awareness/discretion would be nice.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:02 PM, BrooklynBull said:

Can never go wrong with Springsteen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5bb5Uy4uc

That's a good one.  I wonder if DJ Milk/DJ Yes can put that on for the next game.

6 hours ago, rma said:

I'd rather play that than have Hammerhead by The Offspring be played at a game vs NIU (2011 football I want to say we played it in the stands).  Great band, decent song, however some awareness/discretion would be nice.

That's a good one.  I wonder if DJ Milk/DJ Yes can put that on for the next game.

R&RP2 should NEVER be played. 

WARNING: The chorus is NSFW.. back in 2003-2006 time frame they always played the Bridge of Guerrilla Radio right before the opening tip off

"It has to start somewhere

It has to start sometime

What better place than here?

What better time than now?"

...and then the student section would go nuts.