Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#25 UB @ Akron (2/12 - 7:00pm ET)

Jeseph

1 minute ago, UBFAN2001 said:

I guess I would understand why Reghi and Jackie are Akron Homer's if they only covered Akron but Reghi is a Kent State Homer, Ohio Homer etc.

Reghi was ok. Jackie was a complete Akron homer. She quieted right down after that Dontay rebound put back

Rapid reaction: ugh. A win is a win is a win. Great free throw shooting won us the game down the stretch. CJ playing like a leader and man. My only negative was turnovers. Too many. We gotta clean that up. Lots of unforced out of control turnovers. But hey we won. Keep improving. Friday will be very difficult. I wouldn’t be surprised if the spread is a point or two.

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Rapid reaction: ugh. A win is a win is a win. Great free throw shooting won us the game down the stretch. CJ playing like a leader and man. My only negative was turnovers. Too many. We gotta clean that up. Lots of unforced out of control turnovers. But hey we won. Keep improving. Friday will be very difficult. I wouldn’t be surprised if the spread is a point or two.

Kenpom predicts UB-1

Def need to limit turnovers. Thought we got totally out-rebounded but apparently we beat them..didn’t expect that. We didn’t shoot terribly either but we can def do better. We just couldn’t really pull away when we had chances to. I guess that happens when you’re on the road idk. But we escape with a win and that’s what matters. Great FT shooting. Over 80% overall. Need to bring our a-game Friday. Going to be a lot more difficult to win there 

4 minutes ago, UBFAN2001 said:

Seemed like Harris hit every shot last year.  This year has been a real struggle.

To me this, in a weird way, is a positive thing.  We're a top 25 team without him playing well. If he was shooting at last year's clip he's making almost an extra 3 per game. Tack 3 PPG on to our average (plus whatever it does for the rest of the offense with the floor spacing) and we're that much scarier. He's too good to continue at this rate all year.

Edited by trueblue32

19 minutes ago, UB_Prush said:

Those most frustrating thing about so many of those turnovers was that we kept needlessly forcing ourselves into pressure. That backcourt violation a perfect example.

Would like another 30 pt win but I'll settle for any win.

Poor court awareness. You should never be near the center court line or caught in one of the four corners in frontcourt while other team pressing. 

• Like 1

Give credit to Akron. They’re better than I thought. They played good defense. We had only 6 assists, which for this team is pathetic. Compounding that, we had 18 turnovers. Turnovers are becoming a huge problem. They’re momentum killers. And worse yet, they give the opponent an opportunity to score without us scoring thereby making it easy to change the game’s momentum. 

3 pt shooting once again abysmal at 29%. That number has to improve perhaps by being more patient offensively, rotating the ball to side to side more and by driving the lane and kicking it out to wide open shooters. 

Someone above made an excellent point re Perkins. He has become soft. He’s looking more for 3 pt shots rather than getting his butt inside and banging. This alone would open the outside more if he played inside more. He’s is a huge presence inside that few can handle in the MAC. He would have slaughtered Riak tonight if he focused on his inside game. I have absolutely no problem with him shooting the 3 ball. But it must be a complement to his inside game. That’s what has made him an all conference player and helped the team become a top 25 program this year. 

Lastly let’s stop the friendly fire. We’re all UB fans. Let’s use our positive energy to support UB men’s basketball. Do however feel free to call me out if I do or write something idiotic. Peace brothers. Go UB!!

• Like 1