Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Tourney Tickets

bull_trojan

SO I'm gonna fly back for the tourney, (sadly not going to make it to senior night). Tourney tickets are on sale via the Q website, since I haven't gone in a decade, should I buy from the Q or wait to whenever UB gets around to selling tickets?

*Will priority points mean I"m stuck in the nosebleeds of the UB section? If so, I'd should just go via Q
*Does the UB ticket office rob you via ticket fees? (The Q charges $17 in fees/ticket)

Any other tips?

Hotel rooms are never an issue. You can always find a reasonably priced hotel nearby. The team stays at the Renaissance. I have stayed there and elsewhere. The cool thing about the Renaissance is that the team always gets a rousing send off with fans and the band. Good stuff. Of course, you don't have to stay there to take it in, just need to be there when they're leaving the hotel for a game.

I think UB does not have the any fees added to the ticket. But I defer to others who are more certain.

51 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Hotel rooms are never an issue. You can always find a reasonably priced hotel nearby. The team stays at the Renaissance. I have stayed there and elsewhere. The cool thing about the Renaissance is that the team always gets a rousing send off with fans and the band. Good stuff. Of course, you don't have to stay there to take it in, just need to be there when they're leaving the hotel for a game.

I think UB does not have the any fees added to the ticket. But I defer to others who are more certain.

They don't. I've gotten tickets through the ticket office many times. They sit you in their section and you pick them up the day of the game from the UB booth. 

I'm sure @Jeseph knows more too. 

I've always ordered from UB. In the past, they've sent out an email ordering form (one had one online) near the final game of the season. You can order the number of tickets that you want for each game that you plan on attending. You only get charged for games in which UB plays. This way you can order men's & women's tickets if you are heading to Cleveland. Pickup is done in the lobby around 90 minutes before game time. UB gets allocated a certain block of sections based on where their seeding is (generally top seeded teams get seating behind the team's bench, while lower seeded teams are across from their team's bench, until the final game). I think that in the past tickets were $32 or $34 for each men's session (2 games until the finals) and $10 for the women's. No additional fees were given in the past.

Skrabukes hits on the biggest reason why buying through UB is the better deal.  You're only committed to purchasing tickets for the games as long as UB advances.  Also, no fees.  When you commit, you also don't need to commit to a Thursday game if you don't want.  Because of limited vacation time, we likely won't head down until Friday morning.

We usually wait until the day before we go and priceline 4* hotels in downtown Cleveland.  We normally end up between $80 and $90 a night.  We've always been able to walk to the games.  One year we were at A-loft, that's the furthest from the arena we've stayed.  Walked to and from the games.  UB usually takes over the Hairy Buffalo.  It's a few hundred yards from the arena.  The only time we needed transportation was to UBER / LYFT to Great Lakes Brewing.  If you have Saturday morning open, catch a ride to the City Market (right across from Great Lakes Brewing, how convenient)  Red and I, along with Dropout (RIP) and Gayle, loved spending time there.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, ChubbyHubby said:

We usually wait until the day before we go and priceline 4* hotels in downtown Cleveland.  We normally end up between $80 and $90 a night.  We've always been able to walk to the games.  One year we were at A-loft, that's the furthest from the arena we've stayed.  Walked to and from the games.  UB usually takes over the Hairy Buffalo.  It's a few hundred yards from the arena.  The only time we needed transportation was to UBER / LYFT to Great Lakes Brewing.  If you have Saturday morning open, catch a ride to the City Market (right across from Great Lakes Brewing, how convenient)  Red and I, along with Dropout (RIP) and Gayle, loved spending time there.

Great tip on the Priceline search, thanks! Scored a room at The Westin for way less than any other downtown hotels are going for right now.

• Like 1