Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Charlie Jones - Another Freshman

admin

Kevin Marks stole the show, but Charlie Jones was another freshman that surprised on Saturday.  He made some key plays and surprisingly got the ball thrown his way on some 3rd downs.  

You can see he's got really good hands.  He was really good up the middle.  Great addition to have to our long list of wide receivers.

Had some decent number of other MAC offers out of college.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/highland-park/sports/ct-dfr-charlie-jones-signing-day-tl-0209-20170203-story.html

• 2 years later...

Interesting that he went there as a walk-on and gave up a scholarship here. He must have really been disillusioned with Buffalo's prospects for some reason. Glad he is making noise there, maybe he will get a scholarship down the road. With the new "free agent" rules in place, this may become more common unfortunately, but hopefully our recruiters will continue to get great players with the vision of what Buffalo can become.

3 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Could be that, with Tyree leaving, he didn't feel that we had a QB left that could get him the ball.  If that's the case, I think that's been proven wrong.

That's a good possibility. I think if he was here last year, he could have been a busy boy with our QBs. I know some WRs think when you have a strong run game, they will just become blockers, but truly, that could make WR more dangerous as they will see more 1-on-1 coverage. In any case, he's not here and we need to develop our new crop!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...