Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ohio @ #25 UB (2/19 - 7:00pm ET)

Jeseph

• Jeseph pinned this topic

Ohio I felt played one of their best games on Saturday on the road at CMU. They have some length. Aren’t particularly deep in their minutes distribution. Have to watch out for Kirk and Carter. That’s their main two scorers.

I feel like now is when teams start to round into form in anticipation for March. With 3 straight home games this is that time. Against these lesser teams it’s important to kill their momentum before it even starts. So we have to come out the gate and play solid. Hopefully in this stretch we can get ahead big and get some of the role players some more minutes.

I expect this game and all remaining home to be sold out and rocking. Now we get on a roll.  

I'll cherry pick from GraffZ06 on BobcatAttack:

Buffalo is averaging 114.0 pts/100 possesions
Buffalo is allowing 94.5 pts/100 possesions
Buffalo is averaging 75.2 possession/40 minutes

Ohio is averaging 95.3 pts/100 possessions
Ohio is allowing 99.9 pts/100 possessions
Ohio is averaging 69.9 possessions/40 minutes

If everything plays according to "averages" then we'd have 72.55 possessions.
Buffalo would score (114.0+99.9 / 2) = 106.95 pts/100 poss = 1.0695 pts/poss
Ohio would score (94.5+95.3 / 2) = 94.90 pts/100 poss = 0.9490 pts/poss

Which means the final score SHOULD be:
Buffalo (1.0695*72.55) = 77.59
Ohio (0.9490*72.55) = 68.85

Other than that, not much after Carter and Kirk and they don't shoot particularly well.

2 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Not worthy of its own thread...

But, UB broke the West Virginia fans desire to attend games... 12.5k attended the UB game.  No where near that tonight, versus #23 Kansas St. 

Eh, seems they've still been drawing in the 12k range for weekend games, even amidst their drop to the bottom of the Big 12. Monday games aren't gonna bring the crowd when the team's doing this poorly. It's a shame that win didn't turn out to be the resume builder we hoped/thought it would be.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, DooleyBull06 said:

Ohio I felt played one of their best games on Saturday on the road at CMU. They have some length. Aren’t particularly deep in their minutes distribution. Have to watch out for Kirk and Carter. That’s their main two scorers.

I feel like now is when teams start to round into form in anticipation for March. With 3 straight home games this is that time. Against these lesser teams it’s important to kill their momentum before it even starts. So we have to come out the gate and play solid. Hopefully in this stretch we can get ahead big and get some of the role players some more minutes.

I expect this game and all remaining home to be sold out and rocking. Now we get on a roll.  

Ohio really struggling. After their two main scorers they have a R-Fr VanderPlas who is 6’8and is a decent shooter and rebounder. They have some length with two seniors Taylor and Block both 6’8 and are physical underneath. They are only shooting 29% from 3’s and 55% from the free throw line. As long as we keep the peddle to the metal we should have a big win. Go Bulls!!!

31 minutes ago, John said:

Ohio really struggling. After their two main scorers they have a R-Fr VanderPlas who is 6’8and is a decent shooter and rebounder. They have some length with two seniors Taylor and Block both 6’8 and are physical underneath. They are only shooting 29% from 3’s and 55% from the free throw line. As long as we keep the peddle to the metal we should have a big win. Go Bulls!!!

Ohio is the 30th ranked team in luck, with an 11-13 record. That really shows you how bad they are.